Ceiling peak seal leak with strong winds

Discussion in 'A-Frame PopUps' started by OneTruth, Oct 11, 2019.

1. OneTruth

OneTruth New Member

Holy smokes! Just experienced my first strong wind storm front. The wind and the rain started whipping, then water suddenly starts dripping pretty good along the roof peak. While fully setup, the wind was still catching and lifting the front roof section, creating enough of a peak gap against the rear panel that the wind was pushing the rain into.

Would a wind kit prevent this wind-caused leaking phenomenon? Or does the rear roof panel bow a bit against a strong wind, which creates enough of a lip for the wind to catch and slightly lift the peak edge of the front roof panel?

2. Rik Peery

Rik Peery Well-Known Member

Might, I have a wind kit from the factory on my Aliner Ranger, no probs in wind/rain yet, also have a tension bar that snugs in wall to wall, mainly to hang stuff on; I've seen folks strap down the peak from front to back as well...check out some Slim Potatohead vids on youtube, think he had some wind/rain related stuff...

Econ and OneTruth like this.