CG close to the Smoky Mtns - from Ducktown, TN to Waynesville or Maggie Valley, NC area?

Discussion in 'Campground / Trip Planning & Suggestions ?' started by dgarbers, Jun 3, 2015.

1. dgarbers

dgarbers New Member

I'm hoping to find a recommended cg somewhere between Ducktown, TN and Maggie Valley, NC. We need a weekend vacation in the mountains. KOAs are not our thing and we love waterfalls, woods, and hiking. Thank you very m! It's been too long since we've camped, and it looks like we'll get a few weekends where everyone is here this summer. I think the Cades Cove area may be too far at this time, unfortunately. Thank you very much!!

2. speckhunter80

speckhunter80 Well-Known Member

3. yetavon

yetavon everything is better around a campfire.

What about the SC state parks along Hwy 11? not sure where you are in Ga.

4. Grizzly_Wayne

Grizzly_Wayne Member

You may want to check out Moonshine Creek in Sylva, NC. My bother camped there two years ago, and a buddy from Florida camped there as well. I will say, both said, the WIFI is a joke (only a signal on the porch of the office) and not allowed to play in the creek, kids were bummed.
    But, if those items are not important, it may fit the bill.

5. ricko

ricko Member

Check out Tremont in Townsend, TN - right on the river (and you can play in it) with sites over the river. It's right next to the park entrance so it's easy to get to the trails and the town is very quiet.