Chalet A-frame roof hinge leaks

Discussion in 'A-Frame PopUps' started by StevenM, Jun 21, 2019.

Tags:
  1. StevenM

StevenM New Member

I recently purchased a 1997 Chalet 2000 series 15.5 foot A-frame. When it is driven in heavy rain, water leaks into it. I believe there is supposed to be a rubber cover over the hinge, but that is missing. The former owner used roof sealing caulk to coat the hinge, but this caulk cracks and is not effective. I would appreciate suggestions as to how to cover or seal both the front and back hinge effectively without spending a mint or having to disassemble the roof and sidewall
    20190621_144323.jpg .

Rik Peery likes this.
  2. Rik Peery

Rik Peery Well-Known Member

Wish I could help, hoping someone can solve the problem; wonder if eternal bond tape might help, see it mentioned from time to time on here, apparently it has a wide variety of uses, & there is some type of self leveling repair I've seen mentioned (Dicor?) that might do the trick...hang tight, somebody will know...

3. Anthony Hitchings

Anthony Hitchings Active Member

FWIW attached photo shows the fabric seal on an ALiner from 2003. It seems to be under the outer frame plates (which makes sense). I also included a photo on the inside.

Attached Files: