Changing Regulators

Discussion in 'Propane - Got Gas' started by POP-POP, Apr 4, 2007.

1. POP-POP

POP-POP New Member

Since my regulator bit the dust, I decided I would replace it with an auto change-over unit with built in gage. Changing the regulator is no problem, the question I have concerns the "high pressure" outside stove. The old regulator had a "T" between the first and second stage which connected to the line for the outside stove. The propane supply for the rest of the pup was connected to a fitting on the second stage.

The new regulator only has a "T" at the second stage. Does anyone have any idea how this will affect the performance of the outside
    stove??

Thanks for any help you guys can give. Hopefully, I can get this done by noon Friday so we can go CAMPING :)

Rob ('58) and Barb ('51)
    2002 Niagara Elite
    2002 Astro Van

2. beaker

beaker New Member

I had the same problem last year.

here are some pictures of my setup
    High Pressure Propane Regulator

I kept the same basic setup. one tank is the main low pressure tank (feeding the inside of the trailer) I have the auto change over reg pointing to this tank all the time. The other tank is the High Pressure/Low Pressure back-up tank.

So if the main tank goes empty it switches over and starts drawing off the high pressure tank. The only problem is there is no back up for the high pressure. Since I only run the outside stove it would last for quite some time.

Last spring I did a camp tirp for 3 nights near MT Bachelor. It was snowing Thursday night when we drove in. We ran the furnace all night every night until about 2am sunday morning when the battery(s) died. the Main tank never ran out.

Hope this helps in your setup.

beak out!

3. POP-POP

POP-POP New Member

Thanks Beaker,
    Since I don't use the outside stove that often, this setup should work out fine. We usually cook on the campfire or grill. We went camping over Easter weekend and it was in the low to mid 30's. The furnace and water heater work great.

Rob ('58) and Barb ('51)
    2002 Niagara Elite
    2002 Astro Van

4. larmik

larmik New Member

I think my high pressure regulator for the outside stove has gone out. When I go to buy a new one, what specific PSI or pressure specification do I need to buy?

Thanks