Check out my redneck "reflectors".

Discussion in 'My Favorite Mods, Tips, Tricks (and Blunders!)' started by k-t-did, Jul 20, 2013.

1. k-t-did

k-t-did Active Member

I didn't have time or money before our trip this weekend to go get a roll of Reflectix and measure/cut, etc...
    But we were staying at a big rv park at a huge "trade days"....knew it would be lots of concrete and sun!

I went to Dollar Tree and bought 10 auto sunshades...they are foam with reflective silver backing. Stuck them in the windows...and even though they don't cover the entire window, by golly, they work! Ugly, maybe? But we are chillin' like villains in the only pop up in a sea of big rigs! :p

[​IMG]

2. heckufaguy

heckufaguy New Member

Hey, it works! Great idea!

3. fmbhappycamper

fmbhappycamper PuP Power

Did that too! Now I put them over coolers for when the sun moves and I'm gone from site. [8D]

4. Manper

Manper New Member

Works like a charm and I absolutely love how it keeps out the blazing sun and helps keep it dark enough t get some good [SNZ]. and I was not sure if it worked until I took them all out at tear down and started sweating!!!. Most recently they worked awesome when the temp inside the pup said 92 and although uncomfortable it was manageable. and started the AC conversation. Plus reflectix add's privacy for those adult moments and when changing [;)]

5. HiFiDave

HiFiDave Singin round the campfire

There's a lady thinking on her toes! Hat's off! [A]

6. rangerover

rangerover Member

Our "neighbor" at Jellystone last weekend had some bright porch lights on his TT that he left on all night long. The light came through both slideouts on our pup, making it tough to fall asleep. The next day I used our TV auto shades to block the light, worked great.

7. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

Too cool for school!! [A]

[:D]

8. generok

generok Well-Known Member

Heck yeah that works! Ugly? No way! Looks good to me!

I love the Reflectix mod, and I just held some pieces up and cut around the zippers. Works good, lasts a long time. It also makes the bunkends very, very dark. When you get 18.5 hours of sunlight, that's a big deal.

Good on ya!

9. bondebond

bondebond New Member

I started doing that before I found out about Reflectix in the windows. I got a couple of the accordion style full width windshield reflectors. The smaller size fits beautifully on the ends and the larger ones need just a little folding to go in the bunk side windows. With a child super-sensitive to light and wakes up WAY too early, this was a must. They do block heat as well as light. Be sure to get the shiny aluminum-faced ones and not ones that are painted with silver paint.