cheesequake state park campground

Discussion in 'New Jersey' started by nycamper77, Apr 20, 2014.

1. nycamper77

nycamper77 New Member

I stayed here on april 11-13 as I was attending a swap meet in Englishtown 15 minutes away. This was my first camping experience in a NJ state park as im usually camping in NY state parks. I have to say It was a positive experience. The staff was friendly and the grounds kept clean. Its was easy to get to off exit 120 on the garden state pwy.This campground is a smaller campground 50+sites. Theres no hookups but the sites are roomy and have a nice fire ring and picnic table. There is a clean restroom and shower facility centrally located next to a small playground also there is a water source next to restrooms.
    As far as recreation there is plenty to do here at cheesequake theres a lake, hiking trails, nature center 4 playgrounds,basketball courts , and picnic grounds. You are only a few minutes to great restaurants and shopping I recommend Big EDs Bbq only 5 minutes from camp on rt 34. The NJ shore is close also about 30 mins or so and raceway park and the Englishtown auction sales which is a huge flea market are about 20 mins away.
    The only real downside to this campground is the fact that on one side of the campground you can see and hear a main road and a apartment building. Also you can hear the pwy all day and night. All this being said im planning to return in the near future as for me its a nice weekend getaway at a cheap price $20 resident $25 non resident per night.