Cherokee Area at Grand Lake

Discussion in 'Oklahoma' started by dfitzgerald727, Jun 7, 2016.

1. dfitzgerald727

dfitzgerald727 Member

I recently stayed a few nights at the Cherokee Area at Grand Lake. This was the first trip I had made in OK since purchasing our PUP and I have to say I was very happy with our stay. The Cherokee Area is just north of the Pensacola Dam on the south end of Grand Lake. There was someone in our reserved spot, but the park host was very accommodating and got us a different spot to stay in. The site has a large swimming area and a boat ramp, but no where convenient to fish from the shoreline. I will say, if you plan on staying, the sites directly next to the comfort station are very bright at night, as there are multiple street lights to illuminate the bathrooms at night (def getting some reflectix for the windows). The bathrooms are single person for each gender, and there are two showers as well. The showers are pay per use with quarters. $1.50 will get you 7.5 minutes of shower. If you are wanting a good view of the lake from your campsite, you will want to choose a campsite from site 6 and up. We would definitely stay here again and plan on it later in the season.