Chester Frost Park

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by hometownhiker, Jul 14, 2019.

1. hometownhiker

hometownhiker Active Member

We took the grandsons (9 and 11) to Chester Frost Park near Chattanooga, TN. last week for a 5 day stay. I had booked a lake-front site on the 2nd island of the park, on the huge Lake Chickamauga, part of the Tennessee river. Chester Frost is a County Park and we had electric and water at our site, which was good because it was hot as Hades while we were there, and we would have melted without the A/C at night.

Thankfully, we were able to spend lots of time floating in the lake to cool off, when we needed to.

The boys spent lots of their spare time fishing, but were disappointed that they never did land one. We kept busy though, with lots of activities in Chattanooga. So besides swimming, fishing, and riding bicycles in camp, we toured the battle field on the top of Lookout Mountain, rode the incline railroad, went to a minor league ball game (Chattanooga Lookouts vs Jackson Generals) went to the fantastic Tennessee Aquarium, had a root beer blind taste test, and even had pizza delivered to the campsite on night.

All in all, it was a great time and it went by much too fast. The boys said their favorite thing was the battlefield. They did say that next summer we should find a cooler spot, we agree. Maybe we'll head back to the Virginia Highlands like last summer.

[​IMG]popup by Chuck Allen, on Flickr

[​IMG]IMG_20190709_112541853 by Chuck Allen, on Flickr

[​IMG]IMG_20190709_101332292 by Chuck Allen, on Flickr

[​IMG]IMG_20190709_211345457 by Chuck Allen, on Flickr

2. crazymama30

crazymama30 Active Member

Great post. Sounds like all had fun. My granddaughter is 6months old and has already been out with us once, but I cannot wait until she is a bit older.

Merlin14 and hometownhiker like this.
  3. BillyMc

BillyMc Well-Known Member

Looks like a fun trip. We just don't go much in the middle of the summer. It feel like we wasted part of our money because its just too hot to do much. A couple days local here and there to hide out and rest every year is about it. Fall camping is what I like best, but many CGs close after September.
    edit
    We have grandsons the same age we are raising.

hometownhiker likes this.
  4. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Nice site and photos, sounds like y'all had a great adventure and made a lot of outstanding memories, thanks for sharing good luck and keep on camping

5. Nani2

Nani2 Active Member

That's eight minutes from my house.
    Glad you enjoyed my city.

6. Chloe

Chloe Active Member

Looks like you had a great time! Thanks for sharing your story and pics
    [:D]