Chicago RV & Camping show 2/12 - 2/16

Discussion in 'RV Shows' started by mls15000, Jan 9, 2014.

1. mls15000

mls15000 New Member

Just found this show in Rosemont :

http://www.chicagorvshow.com/

2014 Show Hours
    Wednesday, Feb 12 : Noon - 9pm
    Thursday, Feb 13 : Noon - 9pm
    Friday, Feb 14 : Noon - 9pm
    Saturday, Feb 15 : 10am - 9pm
    Sunday, Feb 16 : 10am - 5pm

Donald E Stephens Convention Center
    5555 N. River Road
    Rosemont, IL 60018

2. ghacker

ghacker Active Member

Interesting. Last yr Somerset was supposed to be there but didn't show. This yr. they're not even listed. Wonder if they're pulling the plug?

3. efehser

efehser New Member

4. exploreco

exploreco Active Member

Re: Chicago RV & Camping show 2/12 - 2/16

Planning on going to at least the Rosemont show. It is the bigger of the two shows for RV at least. But it is always fun to look at boats I can't buy :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

5. pandpcamper

pandpcamper Lifetime camper, newer to pup

Sounds like fun! When is everyone going?

6. ghacker

ghacker Active Member

Haven't decided if I'm going this yr. Went to the one in Rosemont the last 2 yrs. Maybe I'll try McCormick Place this yr. I like going on the weekdays myself. Not as crowded and you get more time to talk to the sales people/mgr. reps.

7. exploreco

exploreco Active Member

If we lived up there we would probably pick a weekday too for less crowds but don't want to take off work. Probably be on Saturday for us if we can make it.

8. ex-tenters

ex-tenters New Member

The link lists the exhibitors from LAST Year's show (2013).

Anyway, while Somerset didn't have it's own booth, they were on display at a couple of dealers' booths, most notably Kramer's Kampers from Zion IL.

And, as anyone who has attended this show in the past can attest to, the number of PUP's on display is limited. Even the accessory booths don't have much that's PUP specific - just generic stuff. If you ask about PUP specific items, like a BAL leveler, they just pull out the same RV catalog that all dealers use and, prices are crazy. Not much in the way of 'show specials', except for folding stools, maybe some chairs, hoses, etc.

We've gone in the past, that's where we found our PUP and dealer. Since we've bought the PUP, we've been back a couple of times and each time left somewhat disappointed.

Probably won't go back, unless we're in the market to move up to something other than a PUP.

WL

9. CampQuinn

CampQuinn New Member

We are gonna go to the show this weekend in St. Louis. We went last year and had a good time just looking around. Everyone was oohing and awing over the big motorhomes. There was ONE pop up at the show and no one was even looking at it! We went over and gave the pop up lots of love checking out all the features. :) I think some people thought we were a bit crazy LOL.

10. exploreco

exploreco Active Member

Have never been to an RV show. Even though we just bought a new camper we thought it would be fun to look at some of the other pop ups and hybrids and such. Not sure I really want to spend the whole day just looking at motorhomes. Nice as they may be, those are things I am just not interested in. Just like when we go to the Chicago auto show. I never spend time looking at the ultra luxury cars like Bentleys and such. Nothing I can or will ever be able to afford or interested in.

With that said, for those of you that have been to both the Rosemont show and the McCormick Place show, which would you say is the better one to go to? Looks like there are more camping dealers at the Rosemont show from the website and of course the McCormick Place show has boats, which might be fun to see. Just trying to see if we want to change our minds about going to the Rosemont show and maybe hit the McCormick Place show instead. But my main purpose is to go for the campers.

11. WadeT

WadeT New Member

We are going to the show on Sunday. We just got our room book and can't wait to go.

There is a few Illinois popup folks are having a meet-up on Saturday in bowlingbrook. Anyone interested in going pm me for more details

WadeT

12. uploon

uploon Member

We go yearly, and have found that the first days are the best. Not too crowded as stated, and we get to talk to the dealers to kind of gauge them.

We've had many great conversations, and many bad ones. DW had been unemployed for three years, and when we said we really couldn't buy now, some continued to talk and show their inventory. Others said to let 'em know when we're ready--THAT AIN'T HAPPENIN'!!!

Looking forward to it again.

Cheers, JC

13. mls15000

mls15000 New Member

We went up there this morning (Saturday). It was packed! A lot of travel trailers and larger RVs, a small handful of Rockwood, Jayco and Viking pop-ups. Nothing special, but way better than the Boat & RV show that was last month. I did manage to get some info about a few other campgrounds to try out this year, so I consider that a plus.

14. exploreco

exploreco Active Member

We went today as well. Saw lots of nice units there. A decent amount of pups I guess for a show like that. Nothing special. Lots of nice hybrids. All and all a good day.