Choices.... Moose Hillock or Adirondack camping village

Discussion in 'New York' started by 3hooligans, Jun 7, 2016.

1. 3hooligans

3hooligans Member

Hi Folks,

We are planning to go to Lake George/Adirondacks for the last week of august/Labor day. We are torn between Moose Hillock and Adirondack Camping Village.

Anyone have any thoughts on either??
    I know one is more expensive than the other and has more to do, but.. what else? are the people rude or courteous? are the bathrooms clean or a disaster? stuff like that?

I know it will be Labor day weekend, so it will be busy anywhere.

thanks

2. PoppedUp

PoppedUp Member

I've never been to Adirondack Camping Village but we really like Moose Hillock. You can't beat the size of the sites and their privacy. The sites are huge and wooded. They also have an incredible heated pool with two waterslides and enormous hand build playground for the kids. Going there for the pool alone is worth it! Everyone has always been very friendly and the CG is a favorite of ours. They've only been open a few years so everything is pretty new too. Bathhouses are clean with coin showers.

The only minor cons for us are:
    1) Gravel Roads and sites (easily overcomed in the site by an outdoor carpet by the pup)- wish they had some paved bike trails
    2) A little farther than we'd like to be from the lake (again not a huge deal), but what's an extra 5 minutes?

Let us know what you decide and if you need more info.

3. 3hooligans

3hooligans Member

We decided on Moose Hillock. We end the summer there. I will share our experiences after that. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. pipes_o5

pipes_o5 New Member

We actually are going there this next weekend 8/12-8/14.

@poppedup, what do you mean by coin showers?

I think we will like it there as we tend to go to the great escape on Saturday. we will give a better review after our stay.

5. pasobuff

pasobuff Active Member

Coin showers require (usually) quarters to operate....one campground we go to frequently (Woodland Hills in Austerlitz, NY) had them a few years ago...you got 8 minutes of water for a quarter. A couple years ago they converted to free showers...with a push button on a timer to make sure people didn't leave water running....