chronic camper shopping

Discussion in 'Camper Pre-Purchase Questions' started by penny, Apr 24, 2019.

1. BillyMc

BillyMc Well-Known Member

I look often. I don't have a problem with the camper we have, I just really want a Trailmanor.

2. p

p Active Member

3. penny

penny Well-Known Member

Trailmanor was one of the campers I really wanted to look at for a while. before trailer and Rialta, after pop ups and they are hard to find. we had looked at one a few years earlier, but it was a real mess. the parts didn't fit together like they should, and it seemed to sag and buckle where it shouldn't. Then another came up on Craigslist that was quite a bit newer. it was a little bigger than we needed, but I went prepared to make an offer. The couple were very nice, and gave me a full demonstration of putting it up and taking it down. That changed my mind. I could not envision setting up for a quick overnight at all. Plus, it was quite heavy. I don't remember the year, or size, but I decided it was a pretty complicated operation. Precision leveling and lots of latches and fitting of parts. The newer ones may be much easier, but I'd be interested in a hi low before a trail manor.

4. Dingit

Dingit Well-Known Member

I do it too.

I want a clamshell Apache!

5. penny

penny Well-Known Member

an unpainted aluminum apache was our very first pop up. all canvas top, much like todays camplite quicksilver. I often wish we had kept that little camper. just a tent on wheels really.