Circuit Breaker Size and Type

Discussion in 'Wiring' started by socal chris, Jan 17, 2017.

1. socal chris

socal chris New Member

Can someone upload a picture of your circuit breaker in your WFCO 8725P converter? I am replacing my converter(the previous one was stolen [:(!]) and I am really struggling to get everything back to original condition. The people who stole the converter cut all the wires off of the old converter and took the circuit breaker with them. I really don't know what circuit breaker to put in(amps and type). My old converter only had one breaker, so I am guessing that is what I'll need here, but I just want to match the original setup.

On another note if anyone has a good picture behind your converter showing where all of the wires are coming from and going to that would be very helpful. I am looking at a spaghetti nest of wires in mine and am really struggling.

Thank you all.

2. Beecoach

Beecoach Member

You should have a diagram with your new converter. Sounds like you're pretty confused about what to do, you probably ought to get a pro to help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. pej

pej Member

I read your note and see it was dated January 17th. I am not sure if you figured it all out or not, but here are some photos. I replaced my old converter last summer with a WFCO and took photos as I went along. I have labeled them and added a few comments. If your old converter was like mine it had a dual 15amp - 20amp output breaker. The new WFCO requires an input breaker as well.
    Here is my upgrade. I had to take my old converter out on my own. :)

http://headpond.ca/Palomino/Converter.html

4. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

When I upgraded my older WF Series converter/charger in my 2008 POPUP trailer the new one did not come with breakers. I found all i needed from LOWES back in their Electrical section....

I would seriously think about replacing with a SMART MODE Multi-Voltage type Converter/Charger unit. I believe what you originally had is a single mode 13.6VDC converter/charger and is known to boil out your battery fluids if left on for long periods of time... Also alot of users have reported alot of problems (me included) with the WF series units not going into the stated smart modes when expected to...

If you stay with this unit you should check your battery fluid level at least every week or so...

I upgraded my whole Battery System with additional batteries and got the Progressive Dynamics PD9200 series Smart Mode Converter/charger unit...

Roy Ken