Clam shelter Aldi brand

Discussion in 'Deals too good not to share!' started by PointyCamper, May 20, 2019.

1. PointyCamper

PointyCamper Active Member

Saw this in the weekly ad. If there is an Aldi near you, good buy.

Gardenline Portable Pop-Up Gazebo
    $99.99
    Valid May 17 to May 21 2019
    • 127" x 139" x 88"
    If they still have stock, the price will be the same.
    A friend has the Clam shelter and if this is like it, seems like a good buy.
    Ymmv

eoleson1 likes this.
  2. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

I don't recall seeing this in my local ad. However, on a whim I went down to my local one. They had about 6 in stock, still in the box so you couldn't hardly tell what they were. They do appear to be exactly like the Clam shelters. No rain flaps, and the material may be a little lighter than the Clam but for $100 it looked like a good deal. They are long when folded though, a little longer than my regular 10' EZup. I just did a quick setup in the yard to test, hoping to hit it again in the next couple days to get the guy lines attached and set it up properly. I did notice the roof seams were taped/sealed as well, so it may provide a little more overhead rain protection.

3. PointyCamper

PointyCamper Active Member

Cool. Hope it works and lasts for you!
    Ed. to add The only reason I did not get one is we already have 2 screenhouses.

4. Sneezer

Thought I would bump this - I was at my local Aldi last week and they had them marked down to $69.99. I was able to return mine and rebuy at the lower price. Aldi won't do a price adjustment, but if you do still have the original receipt and it is within the return window they will take it back and then you can rebuy. For $70 this was a totally awesome find. Looking forward to using it.

hayyward and Sjm9911 like this.
  5. hayyward

hayyward Active Member

Or just buy the second, less expensive one then return it with the first receipt. Don't have to fit the first one back in the box.

Orchid likes this.
  6. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

I was going to comment to wait a month or so and it will be selling for next to nothing, if they still have any. I got a nice beach shelter there last year, at the end of summer, for $4.

7. Sneezer

In my case I actually just brought the receipt and they did a return rebuy without even bringing in the product. Will definitely keep an eye out for further reductions but they only had 3 left.

J Starsky and Orchid like this.
  8. Orchid

While most stuff comes and goes at Aldi's, what I noticed last year is that they got big shipments of repeats of lots of the summer items, towards the end of summer. They also had quite a few items that I had never seen there before. It was all marked down crazy low. And, here in Florida, summer really never ends, so not much I love more than an end of summer sale!

We've only had an Aldi in our town for a few years, and I love it. Not only do I grocery shop there, but I check their non-food aisle often, especially at the change of seasons. I've never seen a store go so low on clearance prices, and I have found the items I've gotten there to be surprisingly good quality.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  9. pandpcamper

pandpcamper Lifetime camper, newer to pup

We found ours from Aldi for $59.99, on clearance. I'm a very happy camper! Used it twice. It's nice!

10. Orchid

Aldi has some nice tool items right now.

Yesterday we got a two pack of expandable magnetic things to retrieve dropped screws and such for $3. Also $3 we got a large metal magnetic bowl that holds little parts while you're working on something.

Both are very nice quality. They also had a couple different varieties of tool sets in the clamshell type cases. They were $25 for the more expensive one. Had they had one with sockets I would have definitely purchased.

And for the ladies, a 3 pack of Cami tops or yoga pants marked down to $6.99. I got the tops and they are super comfortable.

11. dbhost

dbhost Active Member

I was a bit shocked to see a battery powered tent ceiling fan at my local Aldi when we went shopping yesterday...

Orchid and Sjm9911 like this.
  12. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member

Sounds glampish. 42" or 52"? Light included? Remote?

13. dbhost

dbhost Active Member

Not exactly. It's basically a little 6" battery powered fan that hangs from a magnet attached to the tent ceiling. And yeah I think it had an LED light...

I used to have the original Coleman version of this, was NOT impressed. Engineering failure 101 right there... Fan was simply too small to actually do something simple like move air...