Cleaning Awning

Discussion in 'Canvas / Awnings / Add a Rooms / Tarps / Tents' started by Dan Slomcinsky, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Dan Slomcinsky

Dan Slomcinsky New Member

Hello everyone. Looking for insight for what people use to clean underside and top sides of awnings. Got some mold/mildew on underside.
    Thanks
    ~Dan

2. Hoser

Hoser Member

I took mine off so I could lay it flat on the driveway. From there, I used 30 Seconds cleaner and scrubbed with a stiff push-broom and the results were darn-near-magical...

3. MNTCamper

MNTCamper Well-Known Member

I just scrub it with a regular housewash mold and mildew remover. I let it hang down from the edge of the camper with the top up. The underside is harder to do, you have to have someone hold the awning away from the camper. I use a soft bristled broom to scrub it.

4. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

LOL, I just did this a few weeks ago. I just flipped the awning over the roof and use a bleach and water solution and a mop. Didn't have mildew but lots of dirt and leaf impressions from rolling it up when wet. No before photos but here's the after.
    IMG_0117.jpg

Bullfrog Bheer and myride like this.
  5. Ronal Owens

Ronal Owens New Member

I use high quality cleaners for cleaning then spray again the protective coat so my awning is thoroughly protected, the awning stays cleaner for a long time and does not change color, the texture of the fabric

Bullfrog Bheer, myride and PopUpSteve like this.