Cleaning Interior of A Vinyl pop up

Discussion in 'Canvas / Awnings / Add a Rooms / Tarps / Tents' started by Steph Cummings, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Steph Cummings

Steph Cummings New Member

Hi all! So my pop up has the vinyl style exterior “canvas”. I’ve had great success getting it cleaned up but I am struggling with the interior. I tried using just soap and a regular non abrasive sponge and although I am sure I cleaned dirt out of it, it still looks dirty. So next I tried adding a little vinegar to my mixture and still nothing. I can’t scrub it with anything more abrasive because the fabric peels up into balls like on an old sweater. If anyone can share any products and methods that you’ve have success with I would greatly appreciate it!

Maggi Bailey likes this.
  2. Maggi Bailey

Maggi Bailey New Member

I am searching for this answer too. I kept reading all the stuff about cleaning canvas and felt like a real idiot when I realized it’s not canvas at all.

CajunMan likes this.
  3. rsdata

rsdata Active Member Gold Supporting Member

Often the interior of popups get black mold on them from condensation on a cool night. A strong bleach style product that I use all the time on my vinyl tent is Mold Armor ( lime green bottle, find spray bottles at Home Depot). Literally spray it on and black mold disappears in a minute. Don't get it on cotton cloth that you may be wearing as it will bleach out the color. Many have asked me if it will damage canvas or vinyl tents and my answer is that it was never damaged mine. Often the cotton thread on a tent will become black in the seams, and I use this spray on this also. moldarmor.jpg