Cleaning off the algae / organic crud from an Aliner

Discussion in 'A-Frame PopUps' started by KA1J, Sep 14, 2021.

1. KA1J

KA1J New Member

There's algae & organic matter from the trees above that has accumulated on the roof of the Aliner Classic. It's been up this summer and I'd like to make it nice & clean before taking it down and covering it for the winter. I'm 71, so climbing like a monkey isn't in the cards anymore and I'd like to know a good way to get the stuff off without un-needed effort.

I'm concerned if I lower the top and use a cleaning solution that it'll drip inside & it seems like cleaning it while assembled would make the most sense. I haven't done this before & just don't know what is usually done.

Any suggestions on the best chemicals to use & what is the best way to access the higher parts is appreciated.

& thanks.

2. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

Miracle Mist will do wonders. Cleaning off the black and green stuff that grows on a camper. After I used it, I would follow up with car wash soap and a good scrubbing with an extended RV wash brush.

b9523046-e354-4889-8495-c475944903ca.d15facfd5628b8db13c84d952d6c156d.jpeg.jpg

3. KA1J

KA1J New Member

I didn't know about "extended RV wash brushes, but that makes sense. Not sure how to get that Miracle Mist up to the top. Maybe spray it on the brush and get it that way. I'll look for both.

Any suggestions where to find a brush like that & the solution? Maybe Amazon...

Thank you.

4. Hilldweller

Hilldweller Well-Known Member

Home Depot has some nifty long handle brushes.

I use Protect-All on my Aliner. I've been using it for decades on my motorcycles, cars, trucks, etc.

https://www.protectall.com/

Rik Peery likes this.
  5. Toxictom

Toxictom Member

I've had pretty good luck with shower cleaning spray. I'd bet it is a lot cheaper than the Miracle Mist.

6. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

Mold armor has the same ingredient as Miracle mist. You can get it in a bottle that you attach to a garden hose and spray on. I have also used mold armor in a pump up garden sprayer on my garage it worked well on the vinyl
    You can get either Miracle mist or mold armor and the extended RV brush at Walmart

7. Lonewolf55

Lonewolf55 Going NoWhereFast

Most RV dealers had someone that details trade-ins. You might call them and ask them. Not that everone here isn't knowledgeable, but Aliners are not like other RVs. They have special needs. Having said that, I am working on a video of cleaning and storing your aliner. But because I am old, fat, and lazy, it is taking me 7 days to get this whole thing cleaned and waxed. See me link in the signature line.

DiamondGirl likes this.
  8. bruce wayne

bruce wayne New Member

don't know if there are side effects, but i used a "magic eraser", with the top down on the overlapping side and just raised it slightly on the underlapping side