Cleaning the Camper

Discussion in 'First Time & New Camper Owners' started by Ralph Waddell, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Ralph Waddell

Ralph Waddell New Member

How can I clean my pop up? Interior and exterior.

2. apachejeep

apachejeep New Member

Don't know what Year, Manufacturer, and Model you have. Post in the bottom of your signature line so others' can help you. Also the areas you have in mind. This question is unspecific.

3. capy235co

capy235co Member

Ask 10 people and get 10 different answers. I suggest following the manufacturer's suggested method. What I do is wash the outside like it was my car. I use a sponge and a bucket of soapy water. I let it air dry. While it is drying I sweep inside and then I use windex or similar on the floor with a terry cloth towell. I use the same on all counter tops. For basic cleaning that is all.

Once a year usually in the spring, I use a black streak remover on the metal body of the pup. (Avail at Wal-Mart) to takes off any streaks or tar.

4. Kdugan

Kdugan Member

Hey Ralph, Welcome to the portal! We are pretty new here too and I was just asking the DH (dear husband) about cleaning the canvas. So I decided to check on this here fantastic site to see what I could find! so glad you asked this question I will be curious to see everyone's solutions :)

Happy camping!

5. marines0811

marines0811 New Member

I use soap and water on outside, Oxyclean for stains on canavs . Wife use cleaning wipes on the inside.

6. tjcamp

tjcamp New Member

growing up camping in pop up & tent at the ocean (Assateague State park), we always opened trailer & tent asap after getting home & hosed off real good, let it dry completely before closing back up, this was to rinse the salt (sea air) off, our pop up & tents were used for 2 weeks during July, that's about it. Of coarse the closed trailer (hard parts) were cleaned with soap, sponge & rinsed. Our camper & tents lasted years, no problem. The insides were swept out good and all hard surfaces: floor, counter/table tops wiped down also.