Cleaning up accidents

Discussion in 'Camping with Kids/Pets' started by Kb2yht, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Kb2yht

Kb2yht New Member

So, one of the little ones had an accident in the adults bunk end the one with out a rubber sheet.

Any advice for getting it clean. Or just the normal air and sunshine that tends to be cure all?
    Thanks
    Bill

2. upstate family

upstate family Member

You can use some Resolve on it like you would for accidents on carpet. This is one of my concerns as one of my kids has to use a pull up at night and they hate the mattress covers with rubber on one side.

3. Kb2yht

Kb2yht New Member

Ah yes, I had forgotten about resolve.

We just lifted the pull up rule since it had been months with out any issue.

4. upstate family

upstate family Member

At the rate we are gong by the time the kids don't need the pull ups then I will!

5. tsc

tsc Member

We've had a few "accidents" throughout the years.

Resolve works ok. But I'm partial to enzyme based cleaners. The enzymes breaks it down.

With puppies having accidents in the house, we used Simple Solution or Nature's Miracle. It works for children's accidents too. Almost instantly removes the odor (and with the puppies, they never went back to the same spot to "re-mark").

I'm also a career paramedic

At work we use to use Nok-out. It's a broad spectrum cleaner and it works well to remove odors from diaper pails (that I brought from home) and cleaning our equipment.

For whatever reason, we've switched to CaviCide and it works too.

All 4 of the above will kill any "nasties" and it'll be taken care of once and for all. I've used resolve previously, and a couple of times I had to do a second treatment.

but that's just my two cents, your mileage may vary.