Clear Creek Camoground

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by czwildcat, Mar 9, 2014.

1. czwildcat

czwildcat Member

We just spent the weekend at Clear Creek Campground in Camp Verde AZ. What a great weekend and a great place to stay.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

2. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

Could you give us some details about the CG?

3. czwildcat

czwildcat Member

16 first come first serve sites. One group site which is reservation only.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

4. jbarz73

jbarz73 New Member

5. czwildcat

czwildcat Member

It's a nice little place of tie able to get a spot. I was lucky and got two spots with my buddy.

6. Jenkamus

Jenkamus Active Member

We stayed here March 21-24, 2019, we went with friends and were lucky to get side by side campsites. The weather was beautiful during the day, but nights were colder then we expected, the forecast said mid 40's and it got to low 30's.

The campsite had a firepit and picnic table, shade trees and a big grassy area for the kids to play in which was wonderful. Had drinking water available, toilets were a bit smelly here but clean otherwise. They have dumpsters and recycling bins.

The host was on top of things, kept the grounds clean, you can guy firewood from them (not sure about ice).

The creek was running more then we expected, we expected just a small trickle of a stream but this really had some water moving. We tried fishing, got nothing but the kids found sand near the creek to play in, there are hiking trails nearby, we took one that went to a large hill by the campground at sunset, that was a nice view of the valley.