Cloth and Vinyl preferences

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by mantis32, Mar 26, 2017.

1. mantis32

mantis32 Member

What's your preferred cloth to repair rips on the inside that typically occur during closing?
    What's your preferred vinyl to repair rips on the outside?

At some point in time you either buy a camper with some ripped interior cloth or external vinyl.
    There seem to be many choices on the market for repair.

I'm recently motivated as I'm looking to repair some interior rips from when I purchased and come across far too many options. I'm hoping to cut some cloth and use some fabric glue to place over the tear.

Kearnold02 likes this.
  2. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Many folks seem to have good luck with the Tear Aid tape products. There is one for vinyl, one for fabric.
    For fabric tears on our first pup, we sewed patches on and used seam sealer around the edge.

3. mantis32

mantis32 Member

I saw the tear aid and gear aid products however confidence achieved reading about it here. I didn't think about sealing the seams, so just went ahead and bought some seam sealer. Thanks (Gear Aid Seam Sure Water Based Seam Sealer, 2 Ounce - for anyone interested)

Also picked up for bigger non clean rips -
    Outdoor Waterproof Oxford Sailcloth White Fabric By The Yard

4. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

That's the seam sealer we have liked for tents and popup. The brush is handy to keep it where it needs to be, as well as working it into the seams, including needle holes.