Clothing Storage/Mods?

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by hillmac, Apr 14, 2017.

1. upstate family

upstate family Member

I bought the plastic drawers for my family to use, but transporting them is an issue. They don't fit on the floor of our folded pop up when standing upright. This means they must go into the TV and take up too much room. Once we are at camp they are great.
    I tried duffle bags and ended up with a mess because my girls couldn't ever find anything without dumping everything out. And even though I packed mine carefully it was too disorganized for my liking.
    So now we are thinking we will use https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DJJ8HGM/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1L7F5DL4H71TK . We are going to hang them from the ceiling with pop rivets. To transport we will use the duffle bag and then unpack into the hanging shelves. Hoping this will work.
    Comments or thoughts?

2. Strawhouse

Strawhouse Well-Known Member

I've seen others use those as well. Pockets on sides are handy. Only question is: if you are going to have to use the duffle bags anyway, why don't you just stick with the plastic bins and unpack into them?

tls2971 likes this.
  3. Laney A

Laney A My crew: Me, hubby and our 3 K9's.

We use sterilite storage containers. We have 2 of the stackable 3 drawer tower units that we use for clothing. We also have some clearview storage drawers and caddy's that we organize items in. These are stored inside the cupboards and under the bench seats.

4. Norman Rance

Norman Rance Member

we use some thing like this just hang it on that coat rack next to the bunk

5. CamperChrissy

CamperChrissy Well-Known Member

We use the big dresser-like Sterilite drawers and it works well. One drawer per person with their name on it, pack your own drawer before we leave, keep all your crap in it while we are there. I'm a neat-nick too, so I appreciate everything being put away and tidy! Can you pop your drawers apart? I have a stack of 3 for my kids and I have to pop one off the stack for traveling (I can only fit 2-high when the camper is folded). When we get there, just stack them back into 3 on top the counter.

Aneemal33 and Tracy D. like this.
  6. Tracy D.

Tracy D. Member

IMG_0265.JPG
    We pack camping needs in these drawers, and store them on their backs when folded down. When we get to the campsite, the camping needs come out and the clothes go in. 1 set per person

7. Mrpopper48054

Mrpopper48054 New Member

We use these all the time when we travel. I first purchased them for a 10 day trip for the four of us at Disney and they worked out great. Now we use them all the time. We each have our own color and I have 2 extra colors, one for bedding, one for towels.

8. PointyCamper

PointyCamper Active Member

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  9. Natureangel

Natureangel Everythings better outdoors...

10. Tyler

Tyler New Member

For us we got several of 3 drawer storage units for us we got the ones that are about 11 inches deep they fit on top of the storage hutch in our 2015 Somerset Mesa. We got on more than we needed, to put dirty the dirty clothes in at the start of our camping stay. I then I put things together in the drawer folded or rolled together into a "packet" the way I wear them for example rolled into an tee shirt I'd wear as outerwear I'd place socks and underwear. All placed into one drawer, another drawer shorts or pants that I may wear 2 days or need to get to if the ones I'm wearing get torn or dirty and in the third miscellaneous items. That way I can grab a roll and have everything I need and off to the restroom for a shower and shave For the most part we camp at RV parks. At the beginning of the trip the extra drawer unit starts being a clothes hamper having the dirty clothing folded or rolled. As mentioned the drawers get pulled for either packing or unpacking and it keeps the clutter down the drawers do make opening and closing the curtains a little harder but worth it to eliminate clutter.

11. Aneemal33

Aneemal33 Active Member

There are just 2 of us, so we use 2 large and 1 smaller stack-able drawers. We put items like cookware and plates and the like in those. We have two small fold-able shelves that make counters more useful, as we can put items on the shelves and under them. We also have the hanging canvas shelving unit that comes with the camper. It didn't, but I found one and bought it. The hanging loops were already there. When set up, the cabinets that those items and the bedding live in are empty, so we store our duffel bags and backpacks in there. When it's time to go, they go back in the TV and the "stuff" goes back inside. the cabinets or under the banquet table. The 2 larger drawers fit there like a glove on top of one of the floor rugs, so they don't slide around.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017