Cloudland Canyon SP

Discussion in 'Georgia' started by geoffm3, May 20, 2013.

1. geoffm3

geoffm3 Member

We just returned from a two-night stay in Cloudland Canyon SP. There are two improved campground loops in this park, East Rim and West Rim. We stayed in West Rim on the advice of several people's reviews I'd read beforehand, and after seeing the East Rim campground we believe we made the right choice. Lots of tree cover in West Rim, East Rim, not so much. We didn't do the falls hike for fear our 2 and 4 year old girls would have an accident, but the falls looked fantastic from the scenic overlook.

Anyway, fantastic park! It has become our favorite so far and we will be going back for sure!

2. ridenred333

ridenred333 New Member

Ok this is not fair. I see all these nice campground and why do they have to be all the way at the other end of the state from where I am at. I guess its a trade off since I am only 90 min from the beach [:D]

3. geoffm3

geoffm3 Member

Which end of the state are you on... the Mobile side or the Dothan side?

4. ridenred333

ridenred333 New Member

30 miles west of Dothan. [V] I actually live on Fort Rucker. I need to get moved up to Red Stone [LOL]

5. geoffm3

geoffm3 Member

I grew up down there... my dad is a helicopter flight instructor there still (although he trains AF people now instead of Army).

We did lots of campouts along the gulf coast as a kid (Ft. Pickens, St Andrews SP, Gulf State Park), up to Indian Springs SP in Georgia and Lakepoint Resort SP in Eufaula. I took it for granted when I lived down there (haven't since '98) but I do miss the close access to the beach now.