Cloudy water question

Discussion in 'Plumbing Systems (The Fresh, The Blue, The Grey, &' started by Mtlangst, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Mtlangst

Mtlangst Member

we are on our first extended camping trip and have used city water hookup for the first time. At first i only had the spigot half open and the water in the sink was clear. Later i had the spigot fully opened and the water was milky cloudy. I tested water at the spigot and it was clear and then i poured the water which was cloudy from the sink into a plastic bottle and it was clear. I have read that it is air in the water. I have tried running the water to clear it up but it doesnt. Does anyone know what is going on or what to do if anything?

2. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

probably air in the lines or aerator at the faucet

3. Mtlangst

Mtlangst Member

I dont understand why the water will clear up in a bottle that i pour it in from the sink, but the grey water container outside is brown.

4. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

This is one of the reasons we always bring along our drinking and cooking bottled water... I'm sure nothing is wrong with your water but I would not feel good about drinking any of it. We are also fresh ground bean Coffee lovers so to get the same taste we enjoy we always bring our bottled water along for that as well...

Our fresh water tank is used for washing dishes and taking showers haha... Also sometimes for squirting squirrels...

Just what we do here at any rate...

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

5. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Well-Known Member

When you open the spigot full force, it pushes the water through the lines differently than when it's partially open - that's why you get air. When you then fill the bottle, the water/air solution remixes and clears up. Nothing is wrong with the water - it's just due to the water pressure going through the lines. If you don't like the cloudiness, just don't turn the spigot open fully.

The grey water is brown because you have gook in the drain lines. You can run a bit of bleach down the drain every so often and it should start to go away.

6. Mtlangst

Mtlangst Member

Thanks for the info. We are also just using sink for dishes and brushing teeth. We use bottled water as well.