Clueless campers

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by NMroamer, Aug 18, 2020.

1. GalsofEscape

GalsofEscape Well-Known Member

ya know - there is another team between you and that team in DC - just saying -
    and another one to the west of you (but that one shall not be spoken of here by me) LOL

all kidding aside - i would rather go camping any day of the year than to sit in any stadium.

DiamondGirl and Rik Peery like this.
  2. McFlyfi

McFlyfi Well-Known Member

I gave up in person sports long ago- priced out for sure. The LA Kings used to have "Family Night" packages (pre Stanley Cup era ((never thought Id say THAT)) where 4 tickets, 4 hot dogs and 4 sodas were 80 bucks. After 2014 they put a stop to that.
    With that being said, I do want to go check out the Rams new palace and see what $5,000,000,000 looks like...

DiamondGirl and Rik Peery like this.
  3. Steveo4090

Steveo4090 Well-Known Member

I've gotten pretty tired of sports in general other than the Olympics maybe. Even college sports has lost something over the past few seasons. I love hockey still and baseball if I have enough time to actually watch a game.

My state teams will never be cheered for my me...I'm not from here. Ironically, growing up in Northern va I was the odd one since I was born and raised there. Military and businesses ship everyone in to work. Here everyone is from Lancaster and knows everyone else...and seems to be related somehow to everyone else too, but that's a different topic lol. Quite the opposite from what I'm used to.

4. mandolinpicker

mandolinpicker Member

When living in Maryland used to go watch the Bowie Bay Sox and Southern Maryland Blue Crabs minor league baseball. Prices were decent as it didn't break the bank. Still had a good chance that the players would sign a ball for free.

Since moving south no minor league baseball around. Will soon be checking out the local college team this spring. However, I have come to learn that Friday Night Lights is a very real thing. My granddaughter is in the local high school band, and it seems everyone comes out for Friday football. Prices are good too. I hadn't watched any football since the Colts snuck out of town in the middle of a snow storm and went to India-no-place. Local high school football has me enjoying the game again.

I would say if you enjoy a particular sport, forget the pros. Check out the minor league, college, or high school teams. You might find a bit of what you originally enjoyed about the game. [A][A][A]

Rik Peery likes this.
  5. Steveo4090

Steveo4090 Well-Known Member

Yeah, we used to see the Potomac/prince William cannons and now have the Lancaster barnstormers. I like minor league baseball. They still actually run out the bases even if they're out by a mile.

6. DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl Well-Known Member

I definitely rather go camping than spend tons of $$$$ for a sporting event.
    • One serving of beer at the stadiums costs the same price of a twelve pack.
    • My own bathroom is cleaner than a stadium and doesn’t have long lines to wait in.
    • I have a better view from the TV than in person.
    • I don’t have loud or rude strangers yelling next to me during the whole game.
    • My cooking tastes better and costs less than food served at stadiums.
    • My recliner is more comfortable than a stadium chair.
    • I can do both camping while listening to a game on Satellite radio from my favorite boondocking site in the woods.
    • I can go camping multiple times for the same price of attending only one sporting event.
    I will always choose camping.

Happy Camping...[ALPU][PUT]

Steveo4090, McFlyfi and Rik Peery like this.
  7. FARfetched

FARfetched Well-Known Member

Mason plays U12 soccer. I enjoy the games (and the twice-weekly practice sessions).

And yeah, Mason has seen me picking up trash in the playground area at the same park. "Try to make things a little better, wherever you are," I told him.

WrkrBee, Rik Peery and neighbormike like this.
  8. 1380ken

1380ken Well-Known Member

Before covid we would go to college league baseball games , New England Navigators. Usually would get in for free with a coupon or promotion. Hot dogs are $1.00. I did throw my trash away in that park.

neighbormike, Rik Peery and WrkrBee like this.
  9. sleach

sleach A short run will get you within walking distance.

There are times when keeping a clean camp pays off. Several years ago we were hunting elk in north-central Colorado. After remonstrating with a group a few spaces down about their wretchedly messy camp a ranger stopped to thank us for our clean, simple camp. He also mentioned that a change in the weather was coming in overnight, and that it would be a good idea to be in a certain drainage the next morning. He was right!

Rik Peery likes this.