CO - Glennwood Canyon Resort

Discussion in 'Colorado' started by MileHigh, Jun 25, 2013.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Active Member

A stopping point for us on the way to Utah. On initial appearance, a very nice campground and we had a site on the river. Sites are very close together though. The sound of the river is wonderful but the sound of the trains just across the river isn't. The first train came by about 8:00pm and then again at roughly 4:00am, 5:00am and 6:00am. The squealing sounds make it very hard to sleep. It was the most expensive campground we stayed at during our 10 day trip at $75 per night for 4 people. While it had beautiful scenery and the river at your door step, the train makes it unacceptable to me at $75 per night.

2. CamL48

CamL48 New Member

Looking forward to the pictures. Thanks for the review.

3. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

It could have diamond door knobs on the restroom and no train -- it would still be unacceptable to me at $75 a night. I would NEVER pay that to camp.

4. icsopris

icsopris Is it Friday yet?

This is a private campground in No Name Colorado which accepts tents, RV's and has cabins. They also offer Zip Line and rafting trips.

WOW, I had no idea it was that expensive to camp there. It does look inviting but the trains do go by all night long.

Better camping in Glenwood Springs to be found here:

Ami's Acres www.amisacrescampground.ws (This is west Glenwood and right on I-70.)

or The Hideout www.thehideoutcabins-campground.com (This is south Glenwood and away from highway and train tracks)

or head to Aspen, approx 45 miles for multiple US Forrest service campgrounds near Maroon Bells or Independence Pass.

Happy Camping!