Coachmen Clipper new floor

Discussion in 'My Favorite Mods, Tips, Tricks (and Blunders!)' started by 3sons, Jul 8, 2013.

1. 3sons

3sons Only good at Drinking Beer

After looking on here and wanting to start modifing my PUP but nothing to extreme YET so i thought this should not be to hard. I love that way it looks. For $35 and some sweat i think it turned out great. Thanks to the portal I did my first mod now it really is mine.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ridenred333

ridenred333 New Member

It looks good, is that the peel and stick laminate? I heard that doesn't do well in the pups over time they will bubble and with the changing of temps it plays havoc on the glue that hold it down.

3. 3sons

Yes it is peel and stick tiles. I dont know about the hoold up of it , but it was 90 plus here in maryland over the weekend and we camped it held up pretty good.I guess i will have to see.

4. NateSmith

NateSmith Camping 2013 (7 nights)

That floor looks nice. Even if it lasts only a few years, I think it is worth it. I'm debating between carpet and tile as you did.

5. 3sons

Thanks!! I figure for $35 or so if it only last us a couple years it was cheap enough and we got our moneys worth out of it. Also i didnt have to look at the ugly white floor.

6. frdalton

frdalton New Member

Has anybody else tried this? I'm thinking of doing the same to my clipper and would love to know about longer term durability.

7. camper2009

camper2009 New Member

Never tried stick down tiles on a camper, but I would be a little leary of it for the reasons mentioned.. IF I was to replace my floor covering I believe I would go to a one piece of vinyl flooring rather than tile.. Cut it to size and glue down enough to hold and away you go.. Easy to clean and replace..
    Just my 2Cents....

G

8. tex02

tex02 2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 2005 TrailManor 3023

Hey 3sons that looks great!!! As for durability, I did mine last year and have been from freezing cold temps to 90 plus and so far it is holding up pretty well , I will keep an eye out on it and let you guys know in the long run.As 3sons says, it's only like 35 - 50 dollars, so if I get a few years out of it , it's worth it. :)\\

Tex

9. DragNfly

DragNfly New Member

About 2 years ago used stick down tiles over the factory linoleum in our 1998 Cheyenne. We picked a dark brown color that matches the campsite dirt.

Since then we've had our share of spills, leaks, and rain. The tiles are still in great shape.