COE campground question

Discussion in 'Campground / Trip Planning & Suggestions ?' started by Mtlangst, Aug 10, 2021.

1. Mtlangst

Mtlangst Active Member

I was looking at a corp of engineer campsite reservation and they have a tent only loop with Elec. My question is do they allow a popup tent camper if it fits on the site?

2. tombiasi

tombiasi Well-Known Member

You would have to call the campground. To me "tent only" is pretty clear. Many tent only sites are at the end of a walk in path.

kcsa75, Hilldweller, kudzu and 2 others like this.
  3. Hilldweller

Hilldweller Well-Known Member

It varies by the hosts.
    We camp at a couple of COE campgrounds on Allatoona Lake near our house and almost always use tent sites.
    But not all tent sites are created equal... Some are miserable for pop-ups, some are great.

kcsa75 likes this.
  4. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

I take "tents only " as being just that.. for whatever reason the site is not friendly to trailers (outside of maybe a utility trailer).

I have seen many tent only sites at some campgrounds that you park the car and have a 50 to 100 foot walk to actually get to the site.. Sen some that have a raised level platform for the tent to go, because the platform is over rocks or built into an embankment. Seen some where you park the car on edge of the site, and cross a natural ditch to get to the main site for your tent.. even seen an entire tent only loop where the tree braches were barely higher then the truck cab and trees made it hard to navigate the loop with on a vehicle, nevermind with any trailer in tow..
    These were all seen at Provincial Parks, State Parks, Conservation Areas and COE parks..