Coleman ABS Roof Seal Gasket

Discussion in 'Roof/Floor Repair & Maintenance' started by outdoortrekker, May 6, 2012.

1. cma7777

cma7777 Member

Over the weekend I installed the abs roof gasket I purchased from eBay last year. It was the gasket that the gentleman from Canada was selling. I installed it with the bulb facing out. Is this correct? I was hoping for better instructions than what I found in the box.

2. azbirddog42

azbirddog42 Bullhead City, Arizona

I put mine on with the bulb facing out and it works great. Also that is a one piece seal unlike the Coleman two piece.....AZ [8D]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Liamtodd

Liamtodd New Member

4. riverrat

riverrat New Member

Did you have to glue that seal on from perfect fit? How much did you order and how to seal up where the seams meet? If I order 2 25ft pieces I will have 2 seams. Will this seal work on the storage lid as well? Thanks

5. cma7777

cma7777 Member

EBay may have the one similar to perfect fit but it is not the one I purchased on eBay. The one I purchased was sold by a gentleman from Canada. The design of the rounded end that touches the bottom of the pup is different

6. mocamper

mocamper Active Member

I purchased mine from canvas replacement. Fit my coleman perfect. From the show me state.

7. Hoomi

Hoomi I write everything the voices in my head tell me.

Well, gosh, as someone with a '99 Coleman in need of some new weatherstripping around the roof, I rather appreciate the updated links on this topic. [:D]

Found this link as well:

http://www.rvworkshop.com/coleman-roof-seal

8. Lisa0nly

Lisa0nly Lifelong Camper

Hoomi, IIRC someone on the portal tried that for a replacement and had issues with it closing the top properly after the install. I can put you in touch with someone who had 2 roof seals - original Coleman/Fleetwood. [2C]

9. Hoomi

Hoomi I write everything the voices in my head tell me.

One of the reasons we love the Portal. It's great to get information like that BEFORE ordering, rather than after spending the money and running into the same problem someone else did!

Our first trip of the year is about a month and a half away, so I hope to get the roof seal repaired or replaced before then. I've tried regluing the old seal several times, though, and it doesn't seem to hold. The issue with our current seal is the foam rubber part separating from the vinyl part that attaches to the roof.

I'm definitely interested in contacting the person with the replacement, Rynderz.