Coleman Add A Room

Discussion in 'Canvas / Awnings / Add a Rooms / Tarps / Tents' started by Unlisted2, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Unlisted2

Unlisted2 New Member

I am the happy owner of a 2009 Coleman Cheyenne and I am trying to get some clarification on an add a room for it. The camper currently has the Coleman stock bag awning on it, which measures 9'4". I was advised to only buy the AAR that was made the same year as the camper as Coleman was prone to changing the awning sizes from year to year. Does anyone know if that is true? Other than eBay and CL does anyone have a good lead for finding one? I would prefer the add a room but at this point would take a screen room. The Coleman stock numbers for that year was 4750G2921 for the add a room and 47576161 for the screen room. Thanks in advance for the help!

2. msbrown253

msbrown253 Mike in CT

I might have the room for you! Let me check tonight when I get home. Was going to try and jury rig it for my Starcraft, but turned out to be impractical. One screen needs some minor repair from a mouse, but it's actually brand new.

3. megcabra

megcabra Well-Known Member

If msbrown253's deal does not work out you could try: http://www.rvawningsrus.com/Bag-Awning-Add-A-Room_c_11.html

They helped me out with a replacement bag job where my awning was in great shape but the bag was disintegrating. I was very pleased with his work.

Congratulations on the new camper and welcome to the exciting world of Pop-Up camping!

4. Unlisted2

Unlisted2 New Member

msbrown253 please let me know what you find out.

megcabra thanks for the tip. I had considered replacing the bag awning so I could get an after market add a room but my awning is practically new (the original owner babied the camper) . I hate to replace it if I don't have to.

5. Redbird934

Redbird934 Member

We bought our pup two years ago and it can with an add a room. We used it our first camp trip and have taken it everywhere we have travelled the last two years and never used it.

A light weight dining tent would be more practical imo

6. Unlisted2

Unlisted2 New Member

I never thought about using it to dine in. I have been using one on a Jayco the last 4 or 5 years and on several occasions have closed it tight and used the campers climate controls to add extra sleeping space. Most likely I will just have to replace the awning and go with an after market one.

7. jasper628

jasper628 New Member

what size is your add a room

8. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member Silver Supporting Member

If you click on the user name on the post, you can see the last time they were on the Portal. Upper left, on the post shows the post date. Not being a downer, but trying to help with navigating the Portal.

9. jasper628

jasper628 New Member

thanks, I am new to this..

WrkrBee likes this.
  10. Sherronlee

Sherronlee Member

We bought a new 1999 Coleman Bayside with the add-a-room and always used the add-a-room. It is a royal pain in the ass to set up but we loved having the extra room. Especially when it rained but also to put the dog in and have the cooler out of sight. When we upgraded to a 2009 Fleetwood Bayside, we kept the add-a-room and still loved it although we were starting to wonder if it was worth the work as it is a lot of work to set up and take down. Then one trip, the awning fell off somewhere on the highway and the option was taken away as without the awning, we could not use it. We researched for a year or so and ended up buying a Dometic dome type room. It is so much easier to put up but is no where near as sturdy and in fact I wonder how long it will last as it feels pretty flimsy. If I could find an original awning that would allow me to go back to my add-a-room, I probably would. In fact, I know I would ~ I am just not sure if I would regret it the next time I had to set it up. I don't have a good photo of the add-a-room ~ only one from the other side of the trailer. IMG_0996.JPG Angled View ~ Tent Trailer with Cabana.jpg