Coleman campers

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by tmmichalski, May 30, 2013.

1. tmmichalski

tmmichalski New Member

I am looking for an online retailer for Coleman pop up parts. I just purchased a 2002 bayside elite and there r a few small parts that r broke.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. DanMistyMiller

DanMistyMiller Member

It is my understand that Aliner purchased the rights to Coleman/Fleetwood. They created a company called Somerset RV

www.somersetrv.com

Find one of their dealers and you might be able to get some parts.

3. AZbubs

AZbubs Member

There are some of us Coleman owners who may be able to help. Probably depends on what you need. Maybe post a list or pix.

4. CamL48

CamL48 New Member

Aliner didn't purchase anything from Coleman. Somerset trailers was set up a couple years after the liquidation of the Fleetwood/Coleman assets. Most of the stock was bought by dealers. Most of the IP was bought by other manufactureres (e.g., I believe Coachmen bought the stepper door IP).

Somerset is trying to leverage the former success of Fleetwood/Coleman and is using the old familiar floorplan names. However, I don't believe there is any actual linkage, other than probably employing a bunch of the old Fleetwood/Coleman employees.

eBay is a great source of parts. Just search "Coleman Fleetwood." Some parts are being remanufactured. For example, sometimes whiffle trees are available on eBay. If not, there are a few companies online that are making new ones. The only stuff that will be hard to come by are the panels and roof.

Also, lots of the other stuff is either generic or a different manufacturer altogether. For example, door latches, drawer pulls, and sink faucets are all pretty generic. Water heaters, water pumps, and furnace components are all made by somebody else and have no dependence on Coleman/Fleetweed solvency.

Good luck.

5. scubacamper

scubacamper Well-Known Member

You're in luck having one that new, my '93 Coleman Destiny Royale is an antique when looking for parts and there's no such thing as an RV Junkyard, at least not anywhere here in N/E Florida. That being said check CL and E-bay and put the word out to friends and family that you're looking for parts for a PUP and don't specify exactly what you need unless they ask because for most people a Coleman is the same as a Jayco as a...pick one, they don't know the difference. Not only that but some things are interchangeable from one make to the next. Then again if you're handy you can make things on your own, which I've had to do. I hope this all helps.

Doc [PU] [TV]

6. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

THESE people bought up a lot of the Coleman parts inventory when the factory closed. Check with them.

7. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member Platinum Supporting Member

As others have said, need for brand-specific sources vary according to the part in question. There are still some Coleman branded items out there, through the link such as UT provided and eBay (such as Canvas Replacements eBay store). However, many items are either generic, or can be replaced by a generic.

What type of parts are you looking for? That will help others point you in a likely direction.

8. brianbigdogsmith

brianbigdogsmith Camp more Camp more often

I live downriver and in Trenton there is a RV place named M&M they are a Coleman dealer. There right in town near Elisabeth Park.

9. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

They may have been a Coleman dealer but Coleman trailers are no longer made.

10. bondebond

bondebond New Member

11. kjmpdm

kjmpdm New Member

My dealer broke a bed slide wedge on our 2009 Westlake last summer when we had a bunch of stuff fixed... called last week and they were able to get the part from Somerset (I think- that's what they r selling now) in less than a week! I got extra :) they paid for the one they broke and I bought one.

12. Manper

Manper New Member

wegocamping.com

coleman parts [:D]

13. dannyv11

dannyv11 Member

Heading there now.
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

14. Heady

Heady Active Member

I used to have a Coleman Bayside however I sold it earlier this year. I still have the original Coleman shelf that attaches to the canvas support rod over the kitchen sink. Anyone interested? PM me.

15. bierilinda

bierilinda New Member

Try Midland RV online. They have some Coleman/Fleetwood parts.

16. GIXXERKELLY

GIXXERKELLY Come on...bark like a dog (Carl from Caddy Shack)

I've been finding some stuff on Ebay. Good luck

17. galangal

galangal New Member

I've been seriously considering purchasing a Coleman PUP. I wonder though, is it awfully hard to find parts, etc because of the sale of the company? Don't want to end up in a bad scenario.

18. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member Platinum Supporting Member

@Galangal
    We bought our Coleman Cobalt knowing Coleman was out of business. After renovating an '84 Palomino, we knew that much of the camper was likely to be generic, or that we could find work-arounds. The fact that we went with new-old-stock meant we doubted there would be major issues soon; we really weren't interested in another renovation pup. We also chose not to look at used ones on the era of known roof issues, etc. I looked at new and used, of several brands. The quality of the Cobalt made it rise above the closest runner-up at the time.

19. CamL48

CamL48 New Member

The first page of this thread is literally full of various places to order parts. From ebay, to former dealers, to the new Somerset company that bases its designs on former Fleetwood/Coleman trailers. Read the first page.

Good luck.