Coleman Columbia Closing Question

Discussion in 'General Camper Setup / Take Down' started by Brice, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Brice

Brice New Member

I’m in the middle of restore and everything is going pretty good. Have new 12” tires and bearing kit. I’ve greased all the cables and pulley wheels. Raising the roof is no problem.

However, when closing the roof I’ve noticed the same rear corner closes about 3” higher than the rest. I have to push slightly for it to drop. I’ve checked the canvas to make sure it’s not bunched up. Cables underneath look good. My gut is telling me maybe support mount in that corner is bad? I’m hoping someone may know what I should look at. I’m sure pushing it down is not good. Today I even added some small amount of never seize to the chrome support to make sure it’s not too dry. Still had to push that rear corner down. All other corners are perfect.

2. Jimbow

Jimbow Well-Known Member

I think you're on the right track. I never worry unless I'm really having to apply a lot of pressure.

3. Brice

Brice New Member

Just read another post that a guy used a scope and found a jewelers screw driver down at the bottom of the riser support. I’m going to look with a scope as well.

but yeah, it drops fine with a little push. :)

Jimbow likes this.