Coleman Columbia owners club.

Discussion in 'Camper Manufacturers & Manuals' started by EvilM0nkey, Sep 18, 2011.

1. PATRICIA CUTRER

PATRICIA CUTRER New Member

Hello! Me and boyfriend just bought a 86 Coleman Columbia! I have not been in it yet ( I’m at my parents) he is living it up right now! But I’m really worried about weight limit on the beds. I can’t find anywhere that gives a weight limit for the beds , we both weight about 255-260 lbs and our 6 yr old is about 45lbs I’m guessing . Which side is best to sleep. Any way to add more support on the beds ?

2. Mike Whitney

Mike Whitney New Member

From what I have gathered they are rated 1000# or more per bed. You should be fine.

3. Fuzzy Bear

Fuzzy Bear Active Member

The DW and I are in the about the same range of weight as you are and when we first got the Columbia she was nervous about the bunk ends. For the first few trips we used the dinette bed which felt a lot sturdier under us though it was a bit cramped. Finally I said lets try the pull out and it held our weight just fine.

PATRICIA CUTRER likes this.
  4. PATRICIA CUTRER

PATRICIA CUTRER New Member

So I got in the trailer , finally and noticed a few things .. boyfriend bought it without me there it’s 1986 Coleman Columbia, I attached pictures of the top of the camper there is gaps and certain areas , it looks like wear and tear but should I jump and fix these right away?

Attached Files:

5. KenM

KenM New Member

Hi Everyone!

I have a 1994 Columbia that did not have an awning on it when I bought it. The rail is 7'6", what size awning do I order? I have found conflicting info. Thanks!

6. Mike Whitney

Mike Whitney New Member

7. Mike Whitney

Mike Whitney New Member

Counter top is in, tongue and groove flooring is in and stained (plumb) ordered new rubber to canvas channels for the door, got the last door wire hanger from Coleman popup parts! Next is the recovering of the seat cushions! I am addicted to my Columbia!!! Just got back from a music fest so pics will be coming of the floor installed!!!

8. April b

April b New Member

Yikes I just put a long gash in our roof. What should I use to fill it in and fix it. I have a 1992 Coleman Cedar. I would rather do something long term that blends as opposed to using the tape? Maybe epoxy paste? Thanks,

9. dcembir

dcembir New Member

I just ordered my new canvas from Bear Creek but I am debating which color to go with. I have a little time to decide since they are currently backed up.
    I don’t think I want the tan because it makes the interior look yellow. Does the grey make it dark inside? I want as much natural light to keep it bright during the day. My other option is a green. The light seems to penetrate the green well from pictures I’ve seen but I like the contrast of the grey canvas and white vinyl. What has your experience been?

10. Michael Estrabillo

Michael Estrabillo New Member

I just bought an 1989 Columbia Coleman and fixing up some things. I wanted to upgrade the lighting in it. So a few questions, has anyone done it and do they have any advice? The step light isn’t currently working, but o couldn’t get the cover off to look at the bulb. I ultimately want to swap it out for an led fixture. Color changing maybe? Could be fun. Also, change out the lightbulb for the main (actually only) indoor light for an Led replacement. Anyone know what size I’m looking for to fit it? Ultimately I do want to change out that fixture as well, but I though that an warm white led bulb with some diffusion (if it’s tooooo bright) might do the trick. I was also thinking that led strip lights around the inside roof might be interesting for some indirect light. Maybe color changing as well. Thoughts and suggestions are welcome.

11. Toonie

Toonie New Member

We just scored an ‘83 for $350. It seems to be in decent shape but the first time we opened it the lift arms went. Can’t wait to get it fixed up!

Attached Files:

Michael Estrabillo likes this.
  12. Caroline Chouinard

Caroline Chouinard New Member

Hi! We just picked up this great 1987 Columbia, ordered a new canvas as this one was a bit rough (opposite side) but it’s all pretty clean inside. Can’t wait to clean it up

Attached Files:

13. Michael Estrabillo

Welcome to the Columbia family. Let me know what ya find. I’m working on a 1989

Caroline Chouinard likes this.
  14. Michael Estrabillo

Had a great weekend with my Coleman! It’s fall ya’ll!

Attached Files:

15. Caroline Chouinard

Caroline Chouinard New Member

She’s so cute!! Want to take my Columbia out before it gets too cold. Looks great!!!

16. samh

samh Campin'

Right on! We received 4" of snow in my cute little mountain town that I just brushed off the somewhat leaky skylight of my Columbia for when it starts melting later this week.

17. Mike Whitney

Mike Whitney New Member

Cool taking ours out this weekend to the Austin Dam Memorial Park!!! Can't wait to to get the last few camping days in this fall!!!