Coleman Columbia owners club.

Discussion in 'Camper Manufacturers & Manuals' started by EvilM0nkey, Sep 18, 2011.

1. cico7

cico7 Friend request denied.

I took off the top halh...no sink no stove. I use the extra floor room for storage bins and put the bins on top wher the sink was when i set up.

2. cico7

cico7 Friend request denied.

I wonder who taught these things to speel.

3. alloffroad

alloffroad Member

Older thread but just found it and I fit in. No pics yet, Just aquired it last fall, but it is a 1984 columbia all original except the canvas and in really good shape. In the process of removing the sink and building new cabinets to maximize storage space.

4. phubbman

phubbman New Member

We got our 84 Columbia last year. Replaced the canvas, the interior light, and half of the ceiling, repainted the rims and replaced the tires, new wheel bearings, and lubed the crank system. Other than that, it's pretty much stock original. We took it on several weekend trips around the St. Louis area last year (our little subaru wagon pulls it great) and am heading west for a 3 week shot through Utah, Grand Canyon (north rim) and back through southern Colorado. I just picked up a solar panel / battery charger that i'll be installing before we go and plan on removing the front panel to fix the wobbly (but still functional) crank mechanism. I'll also plan on making a new top for the table before we go.
    Looking forward to it all.
    And why don't they still make these things???
    paulh

5. phubbman

phubbman New Member

I'm looking for a replacement front panel and passenger side panel (between the door and the front panel) for my 84 Columbia. We hit a tire tread on the interstate on a recent trip. The car survived, but the tread kicked up and smashed the corner of the trailer. The lift mechanism and the door still work fine, but the panels are pretty bent up. Also, i need the trim piece that attaches to the corner - the aluminum extrusion that the vinyl cover strip slips into.
    I'd really appreciate any help.
    Thanks in advance,
    Paul Hubbman

6. wwjdfakb

wwjdfakb New Member

I am parting out a Columbia, too far gone to fix , if anyone needs anything. Canvas and cusions are junk. I am in upstate NY

Cassie Milelr likes this.
  7. camptoday

camptoday New Member

Hello i lost my key to my 1991 columbia any one know the key number for the lock i saw some on ebay but they have different numbers on the keys thank you

8. jeepster827

jeepster827 New Member

9. phubbman

phubbman New Member

Can't beat the price. I've got about $1200 in my free Columbia. Some of that was fixing inherited issues (new canvas, tires, etc.), some of it was some minor modifications (solar panel / charger, new table top & counter tops, curtains), and some of it was repairing damage from our use. Still a great deal, a lot of fun to use, easy to work on, and lightweight. We recently got back from a 3 week, 3500 mile trip through southern Utah, North Rim of the Grand Canyon, and southern Colorado. More to come i'm sure.

Hope you have many years of great camping in that PU.

Welcome to the "club".

paulh

10. jeepster827

jeepster827 New Member

I am very fortunate that the canvas is in very good shape. I will need new tires as these have a good amount of dry rot but that's not overly expensive. By trade, I am an architect/contractor so I will be putting all of my skills to use in the coming months to redo all of the cabinetry, counter top and table to make it a whole lot nicer to look at than the vintage 80s everything! I can't wait to start using it. That Grand Canyon trip must have been a great experience!

11. EvilM0nkey

EvilM0nkey Camping fo free!

Well I completely forgot about this thread. Glad to see it's still alive! I'm gathering the stuff I need to fix up my roof.

12. ronnielynchburg

ronnielynchburg New Member

just purchased a 1988 columbia - all original even has the owners manual. great shape, just washed and waxed it today :) will need to do something with the sink area soon. what are some ideas for new faucets?

13. Kimmygr

Kimmygr Member

How did I miss this thread! I have me some catching up to do! And, I guess, more pics to post!

I have an 88 Columbia we purchased July of 2013. We just replaced the canvas even though there wasn't anything major wrong with the old. The biggest hole was where the weather stripping goes into the door on that front little panel. I had no idea how to fix it and didn't want to bother. There were also some spots that were getting thin that would need patched in the future. I just figured since we will probably have this little thing for a while, might as well just replace the canvas, then I don't have to worry about it. I do still have the full set of the old canvas. Still haven't figured out what I will do with it. Anyways- here is a pic of it with the new canvas (in case you haven't seen it in the other thread...
    [​IMG]

ronnielynchburg, I know some people have actually replaced with regular house faucets. Ones that will fit when the top is flipped. I don't know how they do it, but it is an idea. Ours no longer has the sink/stove cabinet, it was removed before we purchased it.

14. Glensdad

Glensdad New Member

We love our Colombia. Pulls easy and fits into almost any campsite we've seen.

15. redneckgirl15

redneckgirl15 New Member

Hi all,
    We just bought a 1991 Coleman Columbia that was in terrible shape. Yesterday we took out all the canvas, ripped down most of the ceiling and removed the ac unit. It was broke so we are going to replace it with the fantastic vent fan. Lots of work that leads us to fun fun fun!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yes, definitely a Jeep theme going on. LOL

16. Checkered24

Checkered24 Member

Wow, I feel like I have the "new" Columbia with my 94 after seeing so many 80's Columbias (and some in terrific shape too!).

Pic from today

[​IMG][/URL]

17. abbadackerygirl

abbadackerygirl Alabama...yeah it's better than you think.

Wow, that is the newest one I ever saw! Nice!

18. dguthery

dguthery I'd pop that!

I have a 1984 Columbia!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Kimmygr

Kimmygr Member

Love seeing all the little Columbias! Newer and older!

20. eplanajr

eplanajr New Member

My wife and I bought this 87 back in May... Pictured with my son and 4Runner....
    [​IMG]