Coleman/Fleetwood Evolution owners? E1/E2/E3

Discussion in 'Camper Manufacturers & Manuals' started by hakrjak, Jun 12, 2010.

1. JiffyPopJunkie

JiffyPopJunkie Active Member

Actually they did! I know because I have one. They only made a handful of them and I thought they were only sent to the northeast. The pup is really a Yuma with evolution badging. The specs are a little differnt but the bones are the same. The big bed is in the back instead of over thr tongue and its all "evo" instead of white and woodgrain.

2. hgbrew

hgbrew New Member

This one is in the northeast do you have a manual, any specs, or a link?

Cheers.

3. hgbrew

hgbrew New Member

JiffyPopJunkie, Thanks for the information. I searched your past posts and found a pic of your rig. I am looking for one of the models with the storage area on the front of the trailer.

Thanks for your help.
    Cheers

4. adrianpglover

adrianpglover Active Member

It was my understanding that the E4s all had tandem axles and a large deck on front (6-8'), but I don't know what years they were made. I see an '08 brochure in the manuals directory, but nothing before that which mentions the E4.

5. hgbrew

hgbrew New Member

I was under that impression as well. Based on this post. http://www.popupportal.com/index.php?topic=84585.msg825873#msg825873 and an update from the current owner the early year model E4s are like the later year E1s.

Confusing.

Cheers

6. adrianpglover

How much of a storage tray or deck are you looking for?

7. hgbrew

hgbrew New Member

Ideally I would like to load my motorcycle and some other supplies on the trailer. I was looking at the E2 or E3. The modern E4 for was overkill I think but the price was to good to be true. So I am still on the hunt..

Cheers

8. adrianpglover

Have you tried using searchtempest.com? It allows you to do a text search on all current craigslist adds nationwide, if you do the right settings.

9. hgbrew

hgbrew New Member

Thanks I was using Google advance searches. searchtempest is an easier interface but has a lot of ads on it.

Cheers

10. bldmtnrider

bldmtnrider Member

Is yours an Evo or a Scorpion? My understanding is the Scorpions all had the deck in the back and the Evo decks were up front.

I debated long and hard about getting a Scorpion S1 instead of the E3 and I am starting to wish I had gone with the S1. It would be tighter sleeping arrangements but having a big flat bed for toys is appealing.

11. JiffyPopJunkie

JiffyPopJunkie Active Member

So my pup is more of a red headed stepchild. After I got it I couldn't find anything about it so I hunted and called Petes RV in VT where it was originally purchased new. They said it was a limited run of about 5 made only in 2005 and they bought them all from Fleetwood. They think it was more of a test to see which way fleetwood would go with the evo name. So I have the runt of the litter with no decks and regular chassis but its still a cool lil pup that always seems to turn heads.

Attached Files:

12. hgbrew

hgbrew New Member

There are a lot of pluses to these units. That is why I am interested in one.

Cheers.

13. bldmtnrider

bldmtnrider Member

Never seen one of those before. Did they actually put any lift on it like other Evos or did they just repackage another camper?

14. bldmtnrider

bldmtnrider Member

First things first, if that first picture is of your camper make sure the PO actually fixed the leak. Evos had 2 problems with the roof. First is AC units would cause a crack to form and spread and the second is the Filon roof would get micro cracks. Reason I say this is the roof in the picture is still the stock color. It is possible he coated it with the stock color but if it hasn't been coated it will need to be coated. Just get up close and look for little cracks (they are very little and you can't see them from a few feet away). Some pictures here: http://www.popupportal.com/index.php?topic=35364.0

If you have to coat it is an easy process and seems to be a pretty permanent fix.

As far as the stains go, I pulled the curtains off mine and threw them in the washer - cold water, no dryer.

I was cleaning the mattresses with a Rug Doctor carpet cleaner and figured I'd see what it did to the stains. The bunk end stains cleaned up pretty good, you'd have to look hard to see the stains but it didn't do much to the staining on the canvas walls. There is a section here for Canvas care that might get a little more traffic and ideas. Seems to be a lot of products out there to clean up mold but I haven't found anything for stains. Just remember to re-seal the fabric when you are done.

15. rocksncactus

rocksncactus Member

Anyone on here looking for an E1, if you're on Facebook you can go to the Coleman Evolution page and find Paul Harris, who is desperate to sell his E1. Just sayin'. If you tell him Lizabeth McClain referred you and you buy it, you get an extra $500 off. That would make the price $8000.

Lizabeth

16. ukrboy

ukrboy New Member

It is our camper.
    So far no leaks. We'll see though. When we were picking it up we drove through a torrential downpour and when we opened up the pup it was dry.
    Fixing up the ceiling is in my plans but not yet. We still haven't been out in it yet.

17. Frau_jd

Frau_jd New Member

Hi all, first time
    Posting to this thread... Sorry if this is repetitive... New owner and I tried to search but did not see anything. Anywho... Here is my question. 2016 E3 if full hookups are available do we hookup to water/sewer. We don't you the bathroom. But we would like to use the sink and the hookups at the first place we stayed did not connect correctly. We were the only pop up there and they looked at us like we were crazy ... Thanks for any help you can offer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. campfreak

campfreak Active Member

You can't hook up the toilet (black water) to the sewer connection, it uses the cassette tank only.
    The gray water from sink and shower can be hooked to sewer, but most people use a gray water tank or a bucket, then empty it into a campground toilet or dump station when it gets full.

19. Frau_jd

Frau_jd New Member

Thanks campfreak! What hose do we use to hook up to either sewer or gray water container? Just a normal garden hose?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. campfreak

campfreak Active Member

That will work for a starter. A lot of people do a hardpipe mod to help things drain better.