Coleman/Fleetwood Evolution owners? E1/E2/E3

Discussion in 'Camper Manufacturers & Manuals' started by hakrjak, Jun 12, 2010.

1. jam08

jam08 New Member

Also now that my electrical is all working I ran the ac unit for a while and it seems to be working good. But when I turn it to low fan heat should it heat the inside pretty good? It's blowing warm air but not hot. Is there anything I can do to make it hotter?

2. JPE3

JPE3 New Member

Hello, I am finally fulfilling my dream of purchasing a 2010 Coleman Evolution E3. I was able to track down 5 for sale within a four hour drive from me. All are listed at $10,000-$11,500. The NADA guide is showing they are worth $6,995 on low end and $8,455 on the high (both of these prices are including the upgraded pricing for the optional AC United added. Could anyone help me with an idea of how much to offer? Are the NADA guides correct? I don’t want to get ripped purchasing something that isn’t worth what I purchase it for and I also don’t want to offend these private sellers with a offer price that is thousands less than their asking price. Please help!

3. adrianpglover

adrianpglover Well-Known Member

The used value for vehicles is normally based upon data from recent sales. In the normal vehicle market there are enough of most types of vehicles being sold often enough to get good data. Since there really aren't used dealers for popups (with the exception of when someone trades one in for a different camper at some dealer) the guides don't really have anything to fix their prices on. I believe NADA just uses the original MSRP and performs some type of equation on the devaluation of it.

From my understanding of the market, since the Evo series was so unique the prices tend to stay a bit higher. They have a name for themselves and that helps with the demand. If the camper is well taken care of, then I wouldn't have a problem with the prices you listed. If it's in poor condition or if there are signs of anything major wrong with it, then no way.

4. SMAR

SMAR Member

i Have 2010 E3 that i am about to put up sale. Its in great shape. Always been garaged, just don't use it anymore. Would rather it go to someone on here then on Craigs list.

AMC likes this.
  5. Delacernan

Delacernan New Member

Did you ever sell the e3?

6. Vance

Vance New Member

didn't check age of post.

7. Beverly Broom

Beverly Broom New Member

We have a 2008 E4

8. Ian Borella

Ian Borella New Member

hey guys, I am in search of a Somerset Evolution E1 if anyone has one for sale. Would also consider the older E1's but specifically looking for the Somerset version.

Thank you in advance.

9. justin foster

justin foster New Member

New owner of a used 2005 E1. Hopefully as these used Evos cycle into new hands we can all continue to find this place and help each other out! Anyone out there from this group still owns one please pipe and and show this is still an active thread. Thank you!

AMC likes this.
  10. Fordhearter

Fordhearter New Member

Just picked up an 08 E1 and will be following this thread for ideas. Just have to go through the camper and make sure everything is in order so I can get the family out camping.

Attached Files:

AMC likes this.
  11. justin foster

justin foster New Member

Awesome! Outside of the color ours are pretty much the same(ours is silver). I have some mods on mine already I believe like a battery switch with dual batteries. If you want pics next time I am out I can send you some! Either way, looks great! Will send you some pics of my 05 also next time I have it up.=-) Looks like someone is pretty excited also to have a new camper in those pics!;-) Anything to get out of the house these days safely right?=-)

AMC and Fordhearter like this.
  12. davey bobcat

davey bobcat New Member

HI guys, first time poster, long time lurker. We have just sold our 99 sea pine and are really eager to get a pop up with a toy hauler, like the E2! i have read so much about the history of faulty roofs from leaking screws in the alumalite to the filon disaster. Was the 2008 E2 a GOOD year or a BAD year? what replaced the e2 between the years of the evolution e2 and the current 232esp?
    thanks so much guys!

13. adrianpglover

While I can't comment on the 2008 E2 question, I can state that the 232esp, sold by Forest River, is not based upon the Coleman/FTCA Evolution series. That series was sold to Columbia Northwest (patents, floor plans, rights to the names, etc), who did make something under the E2 name for a while, although I believe they have since discontinued it. When CNW started making them they had listed an E1, E2, and E3, along with non-evo variants. It looks like what they did is consolidated the floorplan of the box down to 3 different designs, then either sold it under the Evo naming with a lifted frame and larger wheels, or a normal height frame and smaller wheels. They also had sub variants of these with a generic storage box, a short depth open tray, or a longer frame and a deck with loading ramps. In the last few years quite a few companies have started to offer popups that are similar in styling and features to that of the Coleman/FTCA Evo series. You can find a lot of threads on here touting the benefits of one over the other. I have a 2015 E3 Tray that we got new in late 2014. It's garage kept and well maintained, so it's still in great condition.

If you have found a 2008 model that you are interested in it's really more a question of how well the unit has been looked after and how it has been stored. If stored outside, UV light from the sun breaks down plastics, caulking, and rubber pretty well and if the maintenance on these items isn't kept up then other damage may have happened inside. Then there's the issues of rain, including splash back from the ground, mice, etc. If it has been well maintained and kept away from the elements, then it could be a nice unit.

14. davey bobcat

davey bobcat New Member

THANKS adrianpglover. Im headed to look at the camper tonight. SUPER excited but nervous also. seems to be in good shape, but a long drive from home.

AMC likes this.
  15. Fordhearter

Fordhearter New Member

Did you end up getting it? I bought an 08 E1 recently and it is in pretty good condition. It also looks like the previous owner took care of the roof because it’s got some kind of white sealant on top that’s super thin and I haven’t noticed any bubbling inside. Part of it has already started peeling so I will have to reseal the roof this winter, but I figure as long as the roof is taken care of it should last.

James Rucker likes this.
  16. AMC

AMC Member

17. AMC

AMC Member

I have an E3.

18. davey bobcat

davey bobcat New Member

Yep, i got it for 7100$
    the major issue is that all the plastic laminate is coming off the cabinets. anyone know a simple fix for this? its peeling off the corners. :(

Fordhearter likes this.
  19. Fordhearter

Fordhearter New Member

Throw up some pictures lol.

20. adrianpglover

Probably just use some glue to put it back on. If it's plastic on top of MDF, then something like contact cement, super glue, or an exterior wood glue should do the trick.