Coleman/Fleetwood Evolution owners? E1/E2/E3

Discussion in 'Camper Manufacturers & Manuals' started by hakrjak, Jun 12, 2010.

1. davey bobcat

davey bobcat New Member

Hi guys! the 08 comes with a special heavy duty hitch, requiring a 5/6" "side entry" wire safety hitch pin. my local trailer supply, farm supply and hardware store dont have a 5/16 hitch safety pin . do y'all know what this thing is??

2. davey bobcat

davey bobcat New Member

20200804_081104.jpg 20200804_081121.jpg

3. davey bobcat

davey bobcat New Member

Turns out the 07 and 08E2 and E3 evolution come with an Atwood coupler that uses aside whole for the safety wire lock hitch pin I was under the assumption that the top of the coupler was used to lock the couple are on to the hitch and couldn't understand how a pin could fit all the way through the body of the frame. Fortunately I'd lifted the coupler with the pin in the top position and found that it would slide easily. So for any other beginners like me remember to put the pin on the side it just needs to be clipped in one side it doesn't need to pass all the way through like it would on the position on the top of the coupler

Fordhearter and AMC like this.
  4. R77toy

R77toy New Member

Is there anyone in the Los Angeles area who would be willing to show us their Evolution?
    We can't find anything for sale locally, would like to take a look to see if one would fit our needs.

Thanks
    Mike

Fordhearter likes this.
  5. Michael W.

Michael W. New Member

Going to look at an E1 tomorrow. Is there anything specific I should be looking for? I havent been in a pop up in 15+ years.

6. AMC

AMC Member

Check that roof for soft spots! I have an E3 and have had roof issues. Other than that the Evolution series is a GREAT pop up.

Fordhearter and James Rucker like this.
  7. Michael W.

Michael W. New Member

So I didn't see any soft spots, inside the roof looked pretty good. It was pretty obvious someone put another lining no top of the roof but I honestly cant tell if that was a precaution against issues or to repair issues.

Not even going to lie. I forgot about 90% of what I should have been paying attention to when we were actually looking at it. I will say I told the dealer that we did want it. Once we actually purchase it and bring it home I will post some photos in a thread.

AMC likes this.
  8. AMC

AMC Member

Another lining on the roof would be a positive in my opinion because it would indicate preventative maintenance had been done. Good luck!! Hope you enjoy it!

9. Michael W.

Michael W. New Member

Yeah, pulled the trigger today and signed the paperwork with the bank. Got to drive back down on Saturday to pick it up. Will probably post a thread about it this weekend.

10. AMC

AMC Member

AWESOME!!!! Congratulations!

11. justin foster

justin foster New Member

Great! We are in similar boat just 2-3 months further down the road. I just did a refurbishment of a mouse attacked 2005 E1 this spring early summer. Was a ton of work but turned out great! If you need ideas for places to buy stuff etc. let me know. Might be able to help since spent alot of hours buying stuff and researching. Anyway, learned alot about it over the Summer. Great little rig. Especially with how much new off road versions cost today.

AMC and Fordhearter like this.