Coleman/Fleetwood Evolution owners? E1/E2/E3

Discussion in 'Camper Manufacturers & Manuals' started by hakrjak, Jun 12, 2010.

1. roughin-it

roughin-it New Member

... I created a Group on Facebook titled "Coleman Evolution" for ALL Evolution models. It is becoming more clear that our Evolutions are becoming endangered and I feel that the Evolution community needs a place to congregate on a social network. I hope that this will create a place where people from all forums can come together to meet and keep the Evolution campers from becoming a memory. Just Facebook search "Coleman Evolution" and click to join group. I hope to see you there!...

2. roughin-it

roughin-it New Member

Question for other E series owners. Have any of you ordered the "certified vent system" for the refrigerator? On page 7 of the Dometic booklet that came with the camper there is a box that shows several options for ventilating the back of the refrigerator. We just did the "computer fan mod" along with a half ass shroud to direct air out of the back of our fridge compartment because it wasn't cooling our food well at all. I will say that it works EXTREMELY well. We went from throwing away just cool meat to having almost frozen meat!! I could barely dip my cookies in the milk because it was so dang cold, LOL. On top of that we only used one of the fans reccomended from Fry's electric in Indy.

Anyways, I was again just wondering if anyone has ordered and used this kit. Looks like it's just a fan and not really worth it. If there is a shroud then we may be interested in picking up the kit. If any of you are not sure of what I am talking about here is the info:

Vent kit options: Part number
    *****This is what I am asking about>>>> 3108705.751 (Power Ventilator -optional) <**the option of a fan**

Dual plastic side vents 3107560.041 (upper plastic side vent) <What you already have, black vent plastic
    3107560.009 (Lower Plastic side vent) <What you already have, black vent plastic

P.S. this is for Dometic model RM 2191 and RM 2193

Oh... and B.T.W. so far I've only found the fan for $76.00 [:O]

3. rgaffney

rgaffney New Member

Hello all. We are recent purchasers of an E3 and I have a question about the outdoor shower. Mine basically came with a hose and a garden nozzle for the head. Is there a recommended replacement for the head? Is there a manufacturer of a adapter that allows you to use a normal shower head. Would really like to get a shower head with a push button on/off so I dont waste water. Also anyone have suggestions on the outdoor shower regarding a collapsible enclosure and something to stand on that is light and packable? Thanks everyone.

4. FamPhx

FamPhx New Member

We bought this shower:
    http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shops-Portable-Camp-Shower/Toilet-Shelter/product/10210792/-1635657?cmCat=CROSSSELL_THUMBNAIL
    Even though its pricey, we liked that its easy to put away and set up. I'm in charge of putting it away because its so easy. We didn't want one that had to be set up like a tent, but if you're ok with that, wally worlds shower tent is cheaper.

Then we went and bough this:
    http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/portable-shower-deck/24478
    to stand on. We haven't used it yet, but should be great for rinsing the kids at the beach.

Hope this helps and Congrats on your purchase!

5. rgaffney

rgaffney New Member

Thanks Fam! Those both look like good options. Do you guys use the garden hose head that came with your camper? Or do you have a working shower head on yours?

6. JETent

JETent JT

Hey Fellow Evolutioners! My wife and I purchased an 08 E3 this summer ( 800mi round trip to get it). Just took out for maiden voyage this past weekend--what a cool rig! Can't wait for next trip in two weeks.

Points Worth Mentioning:
    1. Mods to date: Reflectix panels, fridge baffle w/2 fans, dual 5gl gray water collection system
    2. Next MOD: Gizmos or something like them, interior shelfs/storage
    3. We bought a shower head for the outdoor shower. Really, it's just a potted plant water-er. Works great though, better for humans (where pistol nozzle is great for dogs.
    4. Got a deluxe add a room from local Coleman dealer for $100. That was cool.
    5. Having a towing concern. The E3 pulls the back of my 99yukon down like it was a 50lb punk (or worse, a mini-cooper). Was really a bieatch to haul on our trip this weekend. Figure I need a lift kit or some other device. Maybe a "weight distribution" system. Hard to believe the E3 is too heavy for the beast. Never would have thought it.

We really dig the E3. Becoming less concerned about spare parts availability and having more faith in good 'ol American Ingenuity.

Anyway. Will be bookmarking this thread.

Later,
    JT

7. marcham

marcham New Member

8. djranger

djranger love the outdoors

Fleetwood Evolution manual lift problems

Anyone have experience repairing a front radial bearing in the lift system of a Fleetwood? Need advice on removing and replacing the bearing - thanks so much in advance!

https://picasaweb.google.com/106376519708355350246/August232011#5644244095150913234

9. campfreak

campfreak Active Member

Do you mean the thrust bearing? I need to replace mine, too. I got a new one, and it's sitting right here on my desk, waiting to get put in. So, I guess I'm not much help just yet. I got mine from Out of doors mart : http://www.outofdoorsmart.com/ ended up costing me about fifty bucks, which I thought was kinda steep, but what the heck, at first I tried to buy the whole crank assembly, which would have been about $ 250.00, so if it works, I'll be ok.

Greg

10. hakrjak

hakrjak Member

Yeh all the EVO's are notoriously tongue heavy. Especially if you put any weight on the front deck at all. A lot of guys use WDH's to pull them. I'm lucky that with my new FJ Cruiser I haven't need a WDH, but I don't haul an ATV or anything crazy. Heaviest thing on my deck is my beer cooler, and I always push it far back right up against the wall of the camper.

11. steady7

steady7 New Member

Good morning all,
    I just found this site and it all looks good. We have a 2008 E2 that we purchased new. We had some minor issues with it but we have managed to get everything fixed up to our liking. Since it is not raining out this morning I think that it will be a good day to do some winterizing. Have a good day all and I will be back to share pictures and stories at another time.

12. marioec

marioec New Member

13. clay990

clay990 New Member

Hi everyone,
    First, fantastic site. Second, picked up a 2005 E1 a couple of weeks ago and was going through it and came across a problem that has me stumped. There is no voltage at the ac connector for the refer located in the refer compartment when the E1 is hooked up to shore power. When I connect the refer directly to shore power no problem. I noticed two other members have requested wiring diagram, I sure could use one too.
    I live in the lower Mojave Desert and I am a recreational gold prospector, as soon as it cools down me and my E1 are heading out. I’ll post pictures of our adventures and any gold we find.

Thanks for any and all assistance in advance

Desert Rat

14. grcooperjr

grcooperjr Lunatic

Hi there...

If your E1 is like my E3..... The 110v socket for the refer is hooked up to the GFIC plug above the converter. then it is connected to the 15 amp breaker in the converter. Make sure the GFIC is not triped...
    There is no inverter on board so when you are not connected to shore power there will not be anything avail on the 110v plug.

15. cthornburg

cthornburg New Member

4. Got a deluxe add a room from local Coleman dealer for $100. That was cool.
    5. Having a towing concern. The E3 pulls the back of my 99yukon down like it was a 50lb punk (or worse, a mini-cooper). Was really a bieatch to haul on our trip this weekend. Figure I need a lift kit or some other device. Maybe a "weight distribution" system. Hard to believe the E3 is too heavy for the beast. Never would have thought it

JT, I pull my E3 with a 2001 Tahoe. I often carry two off road motorcycles on the deck. The WDH is a must as far as I'm concerned. Everything pulls level and smooth with no issues. What dealer sold you the Add a Room? I am looking for one.

16. cthornburg

cthornburg New Member

Anyone know where I can buy the powered lift motor for a Coleman E3? Guess I could always go with the DeWalt 1/2" Drill version

17. hakrjak

hakrjak Member

I really like that Shower and Shower deck! Think we'll be adding that soon with a new shower head for outside.

18. JETent

JETent JT

Hey CThornburg-

Thanks for replying to my post. I did go with the WDH and (after several rounds of tweaking) it has made a world of difference on both of our TVs (08 4x Toyo 4r and the 99 4x Yukon). I got the WDH at U-Haul. The guys at this particular Uhaul have been real cool in helping me out with everything--especially after they saw the E3! Matter of fact, last trip in they gave me an older Prodigy2 controller. Now I don't have to switch controller units between TVs. I have one for each TV.

In regard to the Add A Room. That was just timing and luck. I was at Crestview RV in Georgetown, Tx looking for bed slide wedges (they had about 6 left and I bought them...along with a box of other misc spare parts). I asked if they had any other Coleman parts. They happen to have this Add A Room that had been "getting in the way" for several years. They wanted to get rid of it. Anyway. That was the only one they had.

Hope all is well. Have a great weekend.

Later,
    JT

19. Rick R.

Rick R. New Member

Hey All,

E1 owner here. This camper came into our lives this past summer as dealers were cutting deals on remaining stock. It was a downsizing for us as we are now empty nesters! We had a 98' Rio previously, no issues with roof.

Love the new pup! Recently installed some Yakima racks without having to drill any holes in our new roof. Ran across a 3M product used to secure heavy glass panels in skyscrapers, spoilers on cars and the like. We attached the rails to aluminum bar stock with stainless screws and then the bar stock to the roof with the 3M VHB tape. For those of you looking to keep those roofs hole free it is a good option.

Happy camping!

P.S. how about the new Somerset campers! Yeah for keeping the designs alive.

20. marioec

marioec New Member

Any pictures [:D]