Coleman/Fleetwood Outdoor Shower - Locked?!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Repairs & Maintenance' started by mottie, Sep 4, 2018.

1. mottie

mottie New Member

1998 Fleetwood (Coleman?) Sea Pine

Hello! First time poster, new Tent Trailer owner.

We just bought a (gently) used pop up and the outdoor shower compartment is locked. I've done some searching and gone through the manual but I couldn't figure out if it's a different key than the door or if our lock is jammed/stuck.

Before I called a locksmith or tried to force it (and inevitably break the key) I figured I would ask here in case someone was familiar with this configuration.

thanks!

2. emoney

emoney Well-Known Member

It's a standard key, called a "751" key. It's often different from a door key, but usually the same as your outside storage door, etc. Could've been changed from the PO. You can find them all over the internet, or your local dealer.
    It'll cost more from the local guy, more than likely, but it's quicker. Amazon will get you one in a couple days.

WVhillbilly and mottie like this.
  3. mottie

mottie New Member

Perfect, thanks for the quick reply. It was only $3.99 from Amazon and I'll have it in 2 days!

4. mottie

mottie New Member

Ugh - CH751 key just arrived and it doesn't work. Any other suggestions?!

5. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

It should not be different from other locks in the popup but true that PO may have changed the locks but it may be really stuck.

6. rjniles

rjniles Member

7. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Mine is the same as the main door key, that's for all compartments, patty etc for a 2000 Westlake.

8. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

It could also be Key #8025 which is the key to all the locks on both of my Colemans. You may want to spray some PB Blaster in the lock to free things up first.

9. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

The key numbers stated are the common ones along with a few others. If was at a campground I would ask my neighbors to try their keys. There is a good chance of finding one that works. That said .... drill it out and replace the latch .....very common ...... and do you really need to lock your shower? maybe just a latch that you could leave unlocked it you want. I did that on my Coleman with the front compartment also. It was a pain always needing the key to open.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  10. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

I was meaning to get to this, no need for the keyed locks on stuff like the potty! Or the front storage box, or the shower.

11. mottie

mottie New Member

First off the reason for needing the key - our shower was turned on full blast (when winterized last I assume) behind the locked door. Which made doing anything with city water basically impossible. If there's an indoor shutoff I couldn't find one.

After lubing the lock I finally gave up trying to find keys or pick/bump the lock and used the key that fit best (front door key) and forced it as hard as I could with the knowledge that worst case the key would break and I've have to drill it out. The key bent but didn't break and the lock finally budged.

It's now open, cleaned, lubed and working well. Turns out I didn't need a 751 after all!

thanks for all your help/input.

Orchid likes this.
  12. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

I was going to suggest just keep trying all the keys you have. Ours all seem to work on all the locks sometimes, just have to keep trying and fiddling with them. We have 4 keys that randomly work on whatever locks they feel like working on that day.

What really cracks me up is that there is a lock on toilet cabinet and outdoor shower, but not on the refrigerator or hot water tanks. Who would break into the toilet cabinet? [LOL][LOL]

Sjm9911 likes this.
  13. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

Willy Wonka might.

14. WVhillbilly

WVhillbilly Well-Known Member

Let he who has never run out of toilet paper cast the first stone.

Orchid likes this.
  15. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

There is no toilet paper in the outside part. [LOL] All you have access to is the black holding tank. While we only use ours for #1, DH is fond of saying "Sh*tter was full!" when emptying it, as people pass by.

There is not much space in the exterior of the "sh*tter" cabinet, I suppose you could store your good drugs in there, but that's about it. [;)] It looks like the photo I'm attaching, except the fresh fill pipe is usually capped and folded in.

cassette_toilet_fresh_water_fill.jpg

When we first got our camper, the gold key fit this cabinet. Now one of the silver ones does. You just never know with these keys.