Coleman/Fleetwood rivet caps

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Repairs & Maintenance' started by MIlover, Aug 22, 2014.

1. MIlover

MIlover Member

Does anyone know the size of those little, white plastic rivet caps on the bunk ends of Fleetwood Coleman pups? I know it is such a trivial thing, but also an easy fix, so I figure why not? The caps from my local hardware store are too big or too small, and the caps on our pup are all missing, so I have no comparison.

Has anyone else replaced theirs?

2. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

3. MIlover

MIlover Member

[:O] Can't say I would worry about them either if that happened! It's a good story at least?

Yep, that's it. Snap caps...I didn't know the name. Thanks. There are screw caps in the hardware store that are cheaper and look the same. I just wonder if I can find the right size. If not, at least I know where to find them.

4. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Funny in hindsight, not so much when it happened. We got home after a long trip, I went into the house while DH began to finished parking the pup. He put the front wheel on the altered doughnut chock, forgetting it was not sufficient to hold without the tire chocks in our sloped driveway.
    I walked out of the to find the pup apparently gone, it was behind a tree. It rolled across the street and up the curb cut, just as I always pictured it doing if it got away. At least the only vehicle it hit was our own. We didn't have at repaired either, it was just cosmetic.

Do you have any of the originals left? If so, you could measure one or take it to compare with.

5. Milktrk

Milktrk New Member

6. MIlover

MIlover Member

Perfect, thanks Milktrk. I hadn't wanted to order online without knowing whether they would fit, so appreciate the feedback. I attempted to buy some from the Coleman pop up parts website, but they wanted to charge $14 s/h! No screw caps are worth that much.

7. MIlover

MIlover Member

No, there are no originals left, but it looks like I know where to get them now. Thanks!