Coleman Original Crank Handle photo?

Snowman

Jul 12, 2017
Boulder, CO
(EDIT - THIS ISSUE HAS BEEN RESOLVED. THANK YOU FOR ALL OF THE FEEDBACK!)
Hey folks,
On a trip to Yellowstone this weekend I was rushing and neglected to take the crank handle out of the bumper and started driving. We hit a bump and the handle dislodged, fortunately we had friends behind us who noticed so we pulled over to retrieve it.
As I stood watching the crank on the road, several cars ran it over launching it into the air and the last impact dislodged the plastic sleeve off the crank. Once traffic was gone, I retrieved those two parts and returned to my camper. I can't figure out how the sleeve stays on the crank, though. Was there a cap washer of some time on the handle? I can't find photos online so I'm hoping that someone has a picture of their crank that you're willing to share so that I can hopefully repair this thing back into working order. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Snowman

Jul 12, 2017
Boulder, CO
The end of the handle may have a "push nut" to keep the plastic part from getting out.
Thank you for the photo. Your handle is a little different from mine as mine is brass colored with a gray sleeve. I'm guessing that it had a cap nut to keep it on there. Steel rod appears to be 7/16" diameter so I'll check the hardware store for a cap nut for that size.
Thanks!

ChiefHart

Apr 2, 2020
Staunton, Virginia
Hey folks,
On a trip to Yellowstone this weekend I was rushing and neglected to take the crank handle out of the bumper and started driving. We hit a bump and the handle dislodged, fortunately we had friends behind us who noticed so we pulled over to retrieve it.
As I stood watching the crank on the road, several cars ran it over launching it into the air and the last impact dislodged the plastic sleeve off the crank. Once traffic was gone, I retrieved those two parts and returned to my camper. I can't figure out how the sleeve stays on the crank, though. Was there a cap washer of some time on the handle? I can't find photos online so I'm hoping that someone has a picture of their crank that you're willing to share so that I can hopefully repair this thing back into working order. Thanks in advance!
Try this place, they have crank handles under $40.
https://colemanpopupparts.com/collections/crank-assemblies-related-parts