Coleman Owners new and Old?

Discussion in 'Camper Manufacturers & Manuals' started by Faxgod, Apr 9, 2003.

1. Hoomi

Hoomi I write everything the voices in my head tell me.

Wow. I don't know how I missed this topic for the two years I've been here on the Portal, and been a Coleman owner. We replaced our '84 Palomino Shetland with a '99 Coleman Nevada. The Shetland was a lot easier to pull, but the Coleman is a lot nicer for camping!

Photo from our last trip with it, to the Quad State Rally at Bluewater Lake State Park, New Mexico:

[​IMG]

2. Charleyjo

Charleyjo New Member

I have a 2000 Coleman Niagara. I love it! My husband is not much on camping. However, I have somethings that are in need of repair or replacing and I don't know where to go to find the parts. Of course they are the bigger parts that are hard to find. I was thrilled to find this site. I am new to popup camping so I am enjoying this site! Thanks for any and all help! If anyone can help me with the find or repair of the trunk lid on my pup, I would be grateful! I am in north central Oklahoma. [:D]

3. ripopuptwins

ripopuptwins It's All Good

Did this work

[​IMG]

4. ripopuptwins

ripopuptwins It's All Good

Does anybody out there have a Casa Grade?

5. darren.hiers

darren.hiers Tapatalk User

http://colemanpopupparts.com

I hope this helps!! :)

6. mjsny

mjsny Member

2010 Coleman Utah
    [​IMG]

7. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

I am in the middle of repairing a 2000 Mesa

8. Jombieman

Jombieman New Member

The wife and I bought a 1999 Westlake in April. We have used about 10 times this year. Going again this next weekend.

9. boonedogz

boonedogz New Member

Anyone have an opinion regarding the most reliable camper tires for a Fleetwood Arcadia? Already had 2 go bad on me.

10. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member Platinum Supporting Member

@boonedogz

What tires have you been using? Have you kept them to the proper inflation and speed limit? and what does "already" mean - time- and mileage-wise?

11. Mike and Nancy

Mike and Nancy New Member

We just brought home our NTU 1985 Coleman Cherokee. It will need a new canvas. It is 30 years old. We don't think it leaks and I'm afraid to find out. We were told it was always kept in a garage. Any help at all would be appreciated on the topic of preventive maint. The roof appears to be in good shape and we don't know if we should seal it with a rubber coating or not and if we do do we just spray over top of the seam and trim on the seam coming down the middle of the roof. The canvas is old with light brown mildew spots and stains under the vinyl. I would love to clean it with a concentrated lemon and water mixture and then treat with a waterproofing spray. I just hope the canvas does not fall apart in my hands. HELP! It is all original and we are not sure what we should replace before our first trip we are so excited to camp and eventually restore.

12. changingground

changingground New Member

Our NTU Coleman Mesa comes home on Sunday. Can not friken' wait! My son has Mtb races this fall that we can camp at, and we're looking forward to a trip to the canyons and bike trails of eastern Utah in the fall as well. What's the market for new condition 2 y/old tires and rims? I want to swap out and up to a larger size for clearance on washboarded BLM lands.

13. mred

mred 2008 Fleetwood Avalon, 2001 f350

We have a 2008 Coleman Fleetwood Arcadia. not quite 3 months now. Been out 3 times and fine it to be so much better than our old jayco. We loved the jayco but with the extra room, Sunbrella fabric, and quality of construction we couldn't be more pleased. Looking forward to a long stay in her as we have just been doing 1 nighters since we got her. Nice thread.

14. pupateer

pupateer Native Texan

I sold my Jayco a few months ago and picked up a 2006 Niagara a couple of weeks ago. I've been busy working, so I haven't had a chance to camp in it yet. Looking forward to using it hopefully before school starts back up for the kids.

15. SmokeEater2

SmokeEater2 New Member

1993 Coleman Destiny Cedar. Just bought yesterday but I won't get to use it until September. :sad:

16. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

My 3rd post here....

I owned 1994 Coleman Mesa, and 1996 Coleman Key West.

I currently have the 2002 Coleman Niagara which I love very much. Towed by 2014 Ford Explorer XLT with tow package.

17. Black Bear

Black Bear Well-Known Member

We have a 2004 Fleetwood Highlander Sequoia. Have had it for 9 years & still love it.

18. hootie

hootie New Member

just bought a 2001 Cheyenne..love it..but not the cranking...to hard [:(O]

19. Miller

Miller '96 ColemanCheyenne - '14 Tacoma 4X4 DBL SR5 6spd

[PU]
    1996 Cheyenne. 3rd owner, picked it up two summers back in 2014.
    We love our pop up and will stay in pop ups for as long as we can camp.

I was a backpack tent camper before our two boys...same story many people I know LOL!
    Hey! When you gotta camp and want your family around you, you do what you have to!

I am natural born tinkerer and garage re-tooler, manufacturer. I was born to camp pop ups!!!

-Miller

"Man's got to know his limitations." D.Harry

20. Fuzzy Bear

Fuzzy Bear Active Member

Picked up an '84 Coleman Columbia last September and got one trip in in October before putting her to bed for the long cold winter. Our last PUP (88 Sun Lite) was retired many years ago and went quite a few years without a camper but still got out as much as we could in the tent. Love the "new" pup and can't wait for spring to start getting out again. While its small (8' box) for just the two of us it's perfect or at least it will be once I convince the DW that we really don't need 2 tons of supplies for a weekend trip [;)]

[​IMG]