COLEMAN! Period..

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Hazmatt916, Oct 4, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Hazmatt916

Hazmatt916 New Member

Hello all my name is Matt,I'm from Nor.Cal. My wife and I are the proud owners of an '81 Coleman Colonial. Picked it up 5 years ago for $500 with Brand new canvass it is pretty much immaculate. As far as I'm concerned Coleman is by far the Best Tent trailer made. I collect ,fix,and adore Vintage Coleman camping gear,so the tent trailer is an extension of that. Do your self a favor and Go COLEMAN!

jnc likes this.
  2. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

As much as I love my Coleman/Fleetwood the manufacturer really did a lousy job on my roof. Who in their right mind would have two seams on the roof and not seal them. Top it off for someone not very handy may find themselves in a world of hurt if they try to find an RV shop to help them. They will be left with, "sorry we don't work on Colemans". I admire those that are Coleman fans and have the skills and knowledge to fix things, but sadly it's not for everyone. I love my Fleetwood and the layout is perfect for my family but had a crash course in learning how to fix it. Sooner than later may find I won't be able to find parts any more for it. That scares me as I put a lot of money, blood, sweat and tears on it.

I'm happy you found your perfect camper. Always something to be proud of. Enjoy it and hope you and your family have many many enjoyable memories with it.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  3. joet

joet Well-Known Member

Welcome from the mountains of West Virginia

4. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Welcome to PopUpPortal

Coleman’s last forever. That’s why they went out of business.

nineoaks2004 and Dback2k4 like this.
  5. FARfetched

FARfetched Active Member

Welcome from Planet Georgia!

I have a 3-burner Coleman (white) gas stove that has to be at least 50 years old. Got it from my father in law (RIP), along with a huge Sears canvas tent that The Boy (also RIP) destroyed in his crazy years.

I think @PopUpSteve has it right… as long as you can find replacement parts (or have the skills, or know someone with the skills, to fabricate replacements), they'll just keep going. I almost ended up with a '98 Bayside with a sealed roof, but it was a bit too heavy for my designated TV. The Starflyer is a sweet pup, but I really liked that slideout and now I have a TV that will pull just about anything. Oh well! :D

6. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Screen Shot 2019-04-13 at 11.53.58 AM.png

7. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Portal from South Carolina.

8. theseus

theseus Centerville, OH

Welcome from Ohio!

9. BikeNFish

BikeNFish Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome from Minnesota!

I have nothing against them and would have preferred to purchased Coleman if they weren't from an orphaned company. I just don't make purchases from companies that went out of business. Saturn, Pontiac, Camplite, Coleman etc. They may be on the road today, but they are all on their way to a slow death and extinction just like the dinosaurs.

xxxapache likes this.
  10. kcsa75

kcsa75 Well-Known Member

Greetings! Welcome to the forum from Midway USA.

11. Dback2k4

Dback2k4 Active Member

I loved my Coleman, but when it had to be replaced I went with Rockwood. The reason I had to replace my Coleman was exterior damage that replacement parts couldn't be found. If there were a company out there making cost-effective after-market Coleman parts, I would still be a Coleman owner! It was just going to be too costly and too time-intensive for me to fabricate my own parts :(

12. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

I have had several PUP's by Coleman and now own a small Coleman TT. I agree with what Steve stated,