Coleman SV3 review, and enclosed awnings.

Discussion in 'Camper Pre-Purchase Questions' started by anothersmith, Aug 19, 2019.

1. anothersmith

anothersmith Member

I stumbled across the Coleman V3 Pop up and love the look of it, compact and still gives plenty of sleeping areas.
    Have you owned one? What did you like/ dislike about it?
    https://www.nadaguides.com/RVs/2011/Coleman/SV3-4526/6007083/Specs

As a follow up question..... I've been researching enclosed awnings to increase the "living" area for the kiddos and cannot find much here in the US. My parents in the UK have one of these and it's really great, easy to inflate and creates a great extra area to hide from wind/ rain etc. Any idea where to find something like that here?
    https://www.kampa.co.uk/awning/rally-air-pro-260

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  2. GreyFox

GreyFox Well-Known Member

You won't find anything like this here in N America where the RV manufacturing industry is decades behind other parts of the world, particularly Europe and Australia. As far as the SV3 is concerned your chances of finding one for sale are slim considering it was built for just the 2011 model year and obviously discontinued when the company closed down in Jan 2011.

3. anothersmith

anothersmith Member

Thanks for the reply. I have found one for about $8k that i am interested in. I’m assuming parts will be non existent but i’d Be willing to take a shot at it as they seem like a great compact pop up. Any other recommendations for pups around that size?

4. GreyFox

An SV3 is pretty rare so if you really want it I'd jump on it ASAP. It's not exactly "compact" though - 12' box, with the campsite length being 24' 10". You're right though, parts for these Fleetwood campers are almost non existent. Coleman Popup Parts does have some but their stock is constantly dwindling.

https://colemanpopupparts.com/

5. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

You may have some luck with something called the Fleetwood evaluation series I haven't seen any v3 out there that I have seen.
    As far as the add-a-room well the US is really behind the game there. They do make an add a room that attaches to the awning but it sure isn't as easy. There is a dometic Cabana awning but that pretty expensive.

6. GreyFox

The SV3 the OP likes is a Fleetwood Evolution series camper.