Colman folding oven

Discussion in 'Boondocking' started by gladecreekwy, Jul 27, 2019.

1. dbhost

dbhost Well-Known Member

Yeah, not quite an at home oven experience, but fresh out of the oven baked goods in camp is pretty hard to beat, especially for breakfast on a cold morning!

2. mjoffive

mjoffive New Member

I have a Coleman folding oven and I did see the video of the vandwelling couple making a Nomex cover for better insulation/heat control. Has anyone tried a welding blanket from Harbor Freight? It looks more like a flowing fabric but claims to be fireproof and people reviewed it as a good blanket to keep their smokers or grills warm in colder weather? It's 4 x 6 and more affordable ($25) than the Nomex (36" x 36") on Amazon ($39).

3. dbhost

dbhost Well-Known Member

It might be worth a try...

4. Katskamper

Katskamper Well-Known Member

56F3EA5F-06B1-46C1-A6C9-796F76C0B87E.jpeg just dug mine out for a tents only trip.
    im guessing its at least 30 years old now.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2021
  5. Bowman3d

Bowman3d Well-Known Member

I now have 3 ovens of different vintages to go with some of my Coleman stoves. Im still looking for a few more to finish my matching ovens to stoves. When we go camping I decide what stove to bring then I like to bring matching lanterns and equipment of the same vintage. And yes my wife thinks I’m nuts but I accept her yarn fetish so she tolerates my GPA obsession. I’m thinking of building a stand so I can use my ovens with my single burner stoves. Not sure how they’d work using kerosene stoves, I’m thinking it might leave an off taste.