Coloradans ready for a pop-up!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by kabob17, Mar 11, 2016.

1. kabob17

kabob17 New Member

Hello all! Been reading messages on here as a guest for a few months, but now that we finally have our tow vehicle and are actively shopping for a pop-up, I felt legit enough to register.

We're a family of 4 (kids 11 and 8) and have been planning on getting a pop-up for over a year. We just bought a 2015 Chevy Traverse as the tow vehicle (brake controller came in the mail yesterday!), and we've picked a pop-up model that we like (Flagstaff 823D / Rockwood 2317G or similar) but are having a hard time justifying the cost of a new one and are hoping to find one used before mid-May (we've already made 4 camping reservations for a pop-up we don't have yet!). (I use a lot of parentheses.)

I just want to say that this is one of the most helpful (and respectful!) forums I've come across. Glad to be a part of it!

2. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Welcome from NM. Good luck on your search for a Pup you like.

Follow the link in my signature line for info on the CO Rally in July, it is at White Star CG (close to Twin Lakes) this year, near Leadville and Buena Vista.

3. kabob17

kabob17 New Member

Thanks for the welcome and invitation! Unfortunately we're unable to make the rally - we already have another campground spot reserved for that time!

4. gardenbliss

gardenbliss Well-Known Member

Good luck with your search, and welcome to the portal. If you are not out camping, this is the next best place.

5. Ny_Paul

Ny_Paul New Member

Welcome aboard! good luck with the [PU] search

6. HappyFamily

HappyFamily Member

Welcome to the forum from Michigan!

Good luck on your search for a PUP, this time of the year they seem to "pop up" (teehee) on Craigslist. When we were shopping for hours, I would check it hourly. Eventually one day, one came up that was the perfect price and the layout we wanted!

I hope it works out for you!