Columbus Day Weekend Halloween Rally, Salem MA, 10/5 - 10/8, 2012

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by NH-popper, Jan 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NH-popper

NH-popper Boldly going camping!

Ccaronct, at this time it appears not - I need to get Ryoukoe's check to confirm her spot, however, as well as obx's (i just sent them the details). When I'm back from camping I'll call the campground to see if any spots are free or you can do that yourself if you like.

I'm going to start a wait list for those who want to attend but haven't gotten a site; if anyone already reserved needs to cancel they can reach out to the wait listers to take their spot. I'll put that on the first post. Thanks!

2. NH-popper

I've updated the attendees list and added the wait list. If any current, paid attendees need to cancel, please reach out to ccaronct by message, as well as me, and arrange for ccaronct to send you a check.

3. obnoxiousblue

obnoxiousblue New Member

Thought you guys might get a kick out of this...

There is a very popular, moderate sized VW show held each year on Columbus Day weekend, Transporterfest. It is held at the Larz Anderson Auto Museum, in Brookline MA. (About half an hour away)
    We as VW enthusiasts, love getting to our shows early and camping the night. Be it in a field, or wherever we can park.
    In years past, Transporterfest never had this availability, as the museum wont allow us to stay on the field the night before.
    There was alot of back and forth about people wanting to camp, but not knowing where. Well, for those who had or miss their old VW bus...
    This year, while we're all shacked up at our Halloween PUP rally, you can expect a couple dozen old VW buses to be pulling in on Saturday night.
    I'm staying up on the field with ya'll and the buses will be down on the primitive sites.
    We'll all be pulling out early Sunday morning, but I hope to see some of the Rally'ers checking out some old school VW campers!

4. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Cool ! [8D]

Would love to see all those old Fillmores!

[​IMG]

5. obnoxiousblue

obnoxiousblue New Member

You're going to see a bunch of them!

6. NH-popper

Folks, we're sold out - that's 11 spots plus another reserved separately for a total of 12 attendees. However, I've started a wait list in case anyone cancels, so if you're interested, let me know and I'll add you to the wait list. I've updated the first post with the current cancellation policy and attendees list.

Thanks all! This should be loads of fun! Especially with the Fillmore brigade camping there too!

Question for attendees: It was suggested that we move the potluck/costume party to Sunday; however, obnoxiousblue and his Transporter fans are leaving Sunday morning, so I'd like to keep the party the traditional Saturday so he, and they, can join us if they like (we'll have to figure out how to coordinate between the two groups in terms of food). Is that okay for everyone? What's happening Saturday night in Salem that we'd miss?

7. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn New Member

However it happens will be fine with us.

Somehow we overlooked the "costume" part of this deal. I guess we'll have to get on that!

8. obnoxiousblue

obnoxiousblue New Member

Mike, I dont want to mess up anyones plans! I can try to coordinate between here and the folk's for Transporterfest to see if we can make worlds collide but you guys put ALOT more effort into your Rally's than us, so I dont want to mess up your plans!

I'm still planning on pulling out Sunday, though Ill check with the two guys (Anthony and Brian) who camped with me last year, if they can get off of work Monday (Im already off) then Ill call over to Winter Island and make a reservation for the last night.

Im SO stoked! I cant wait, this is gonna be a blast. Salem, in warmer weather (err, sans snow...) Im gonna decorate and MIGHT even go with a costume this year! Expect to see Peabody with some sort of "outfit" LOL

9. Need2Travel

Need2Travel Rhode Island

I'm fine with the 'party Sat or Sun - just confirming this is going to be a Halloween party and costumes are expected (or at least highly encouraged) - correct???

10. benfrench

benfrench Woodbridge, VA

Why party only one day??? Lol. Either way is fine with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. safetylady

safetylady New Member

We will have to be leaving on Sunday sometime midday due to an unexpected WORK commitment. Basically, Tom was able to get Friday off instead of Monday. Why does that four letter WORK word have to get in the way! We will be up there early Friday!

12. obnoxiousblue

obnoxiousblue New Member

Can't wait! I was just looking on HauntedHappenings.org and their calendar has some fun stuff going on in town too! I'm planning on touring a couple of the cemeteries (hey, I'm a recently licensed funeral director, these things are cool for me!) and I'd like to do the Segway tour, and will definitely be swinging by the street/craft fair.

In the market for a new awning for the camper too, so maybe that will make its debut at Salem.

13. Ryoukoe

Ryoukoe New Member

Do to some unforseen circumstances we are not going to be able to attend the rally this year. Is anyone interested in purchasing our spot for the $111 required?

14. gogocamper

gogocamper New Member

I'll take it! Send a PM with the mailing address and I'll send the check as soon as we get home from the Fishermen's rally

15. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

I may be in the same boat. Just had ELEMAY (my Element) towed to the shop. Just love getting my paycheck and handing it over to someone else for car repair. She has been hard starting for the past three months and today nothing. The new battery (just got it two weeks ago as I thought that was the problem) checked out as full and the starter did not sound like it was going bad. Hope it don't cost too much. [V]

16. mercman

mercman Go Ahead, Be That Happy Camper!

Steve, By your description It sounds like it could be a loose wire off of the alternator or starter, or it could be the alternator.. A quick but semi expensive fix. Time to sell more stickers at Cafepress [:D] [;)]

17. Ryoukoe

Ryoukoe New Member

GOGO I have sent you a PM with the information. So excited to find someone will be able to use our spot :).

18. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Nope, it was the starter. And since they don't make them easy to get to, it's going to be $700 for parts and labor. [:(] I may have to bail on this rally. It will be at least $200 in fuel for the round trip. I know better as we get closer. [V]

19. NH-popper

If anyone else is interested in going please post so that I can add you to the wait list. Thanks! :)

20. safetylady

safetylady New Member

We spoke to the campground and will be coming in on Thursday night. Looking forward to being in Salem.

Is the pot luck Sat or Sun?

See everyone in October! Think it will be our last camping trip of the year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.