Columbus Day Weekend Halloween Rally, Salem MA, 10/5 - 10/8, 2012

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by NH-popper, Jan 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benfrench

benfrench Woodbridge, VA

Mike,

I may have missed this, but what time can we check in on Friday? My boss just informed me that I need to use 8 more hours of vacation time before the end of the year....bummer....

2. NH-popper

NH-popper Boldly going camping!

I'm not sure when check in is, actually. I'd call the campground; if nobody's on the site from Thursday night it's probably anytime. They're pretty easy-going there.

On another note, I looked over the Haunted Happenings site's event schedule for Saturday and Sunday, and I don't see enough different to change the costume party-potluck to Sunday, so I'm planning on doing this Saturday at 5pm (earlier start time due to earlier sunset and cooler temperatures). This still leaves time for anyone who wants to go to a later night event Saturday after the potluck, and gives us Sunday as a rain date if needed. I've started another thread for that. Thanks! :)

3. obnoxiousblue

obnoxiousblue New Member

I'm psyched for this one! Can't wait to see everyone again! Though, I ask everyone to post your PuP user name on a piece of paper on your camper soi know who's who! Haha

Looking forward to a Saturday potluck! I plan on checking out Salem on Saturday too with some friends!

Considering buying a new awning. Might have it for the Rally, might wait till before the new spring season kicks off instead of spending 900 on a new awning to use once this season then store. Lol

4. NH-popper

Okay, dunno where the potluck thread went. I'll put it back next chance I get to access from a pc.

5. obnoxiousblue

obnoxiousblue New Member

Not sure Mike, I put one under you with a truncated list of good attractions in Salem under yours and that too is MIA

6. Need2Travel

Need2Travel Rhode Island

I never saw it - but you can put me down for my 3 bean turkey chili for the Saturday Potluck

7. gogocamper

gogocamper New Member

Hi Ben. Do we have assigned sites for the Salem rally? Michele and I plan on getting there early Friday afternoon.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

8. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn New Member

We'll be there Friday too! Please sign us up for quinoa or rice side dish (spicy OK?) How many people will there be? Just the two of us [:)C] [:)C] Sorry if this is not the right place to post this, I could not find a potluck signup.
    Re: activities - we are interested in Salem activities, weather dependent of course. Here's one tour we were looking at:
    http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g60954-d1108736-Reviews-Salem_Night_Tour-Salem_Massachusetts.html
    We will easily be identified by our (as yet unpainted) 1973 Apache Mesa!

9. obnoxiousblue

obnoxiousblue New Member

Ill be there Friday also! Hoping to get on the 7 or 730 AM ferry from Orient Point, and that should land me in Salem around noon, maybe a hair before if there's no traffic. (Last year there was TONS!)
    The Potluck sign-up disappeared, so too did my thread on the better attractions Ive been to up there. (There are LOTS of tourist traps)

You can put me down for Hearse cookies for the desert table, I'll also do a dinner item. Might do grilled cheeses and tomato soup again. Its a cool weather favorite of mine and real easy to do for group meals! LOL

I'll be easily identified by my very loudly painted 1977 Westfalia!
    (Theres a seeming unloved vintage Apache around the corner from my house!)

10. gogocamper

gogocamper New Member

Ct Nipmuck and gogocamper will be bringing a pot of sausage vegetable soup for the pot luck. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

11. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn New Member

(Theres a seeming unloved vintage Apache around the corner from my house!)
    [/quote]

So sad to see one fall by the wayside, they are great campers! We are looking for another Apache (72, 73, 74 preferred) that has more original stuff than ours.

12. NH-popper

Meal thread restored. I'll get the stuff above on the thread when I can.

Regarding site assignments: I'll be getting there Thursday evening and will be getting the pack of site tags at that time. When you come in on Friday you can just come right to the field and I'll give you one. It'll be a combination of first come first served, rig size, and departure date that'll wind up determining site assignments. We did this last year and it worked well. Thanks!

13. obnoxiousblue

obnoxiousblue New Member

Thanks Mike! I'll be there Friday morning/by noon.

Ill gladly pass by and see if theyre looking to sell! It looks to be in GREAT shape from the outside. The exterior at least. Its always in the same spot, on a driveway turned 90 degrees (perpendicular to the drive) PM me if youd like me to swing by! LOL

14. benfrench

benfrench Woodbridge, VA

Mike,

I'll be in when I get up on Friday. I will call you on my way in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. benfrench

benfrench Woodbridge, VA

We are going to have to duck out late morning on Sunday for the afternoon...we have to go to the Patriots game....bummer....right in the middle of the camping weekend....good thing we will make it back for the campfire...at least the end of it....

16. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Well, it looks like I'm going to have to bail on this one. My breaks started grinding yesterday so I took the car into the mechanic this morning. Need new breaks on the back and the front are getting ready to go too so I need to get all four done. So there goes my camping budget.

So if someone is on the waiting list they may have my reservation, no charge.

Sorry I'm going to miss this one. I was really looking forward to a long weekend of camping. Really needed it too! [:(]

17. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper Home is where you park it!

Sorry you can't make it. It won't be the same without PopupSteve.
    Good thing you don't have a far commute to work now. [;)]

18. obnoxiousblue

obnoxiousblue New Member

Camper is going in for service tonight... Sprung an oil leak that needs to be addressed before a long trip, also getting fresh tie-rods, and an oil change!
    Dug out the electric heater that I bought SPECIFICALLY for this trip, and getting amped up for the weekend in Salem!

19. benfrench

benfrench Woodbridge, VA

Don't forget that heater.... [LOL] [LOL] [LOL]

20. safetylady

safetylady New Member

Mike - We are coming in on Thursday night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.