Columbus Day Weekend Halloween Rally, Salem MA, 10/5 - 10/8, 2012

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by NH-popper, Jan 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn New Member

We are looking forward to attaching faces to names! Sorry your face will not be there Steve [:(]

2. benfrench

benfrench Woodbridge, VA

We should all wear nametags with someone elses name on it.... [;)]

All kidding aside, it will be good to meet you, we always have a great group of folks, and this time will be no different.

3. safetylady

safetylady New Member

4. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper Home is where you park it!

5. benfrench

benfrench Woodbridge, VA

They do have a 1:00 sailing and a 7:00pm....?

6. nhcaveman

nhcaveman Barrington, NH

A big thank you to PopUpSteve for letting us have his spot, I hope he gets his vehicle issues all worked out.
    I'll post to the meal thread in the next couple of days.

7. benfrench

benfrench Woodbridge, VA

Welcome Todd and Emily, haven't seen you guys all year!

8. obnoxiousblue

obnoxiousblue New Member

Getting SUPER excited! The camper had a few mechanical issues that had to be sorted through before a big trip. Its coming home tonight, going to put a few "confidence" miles on and count down the days. Hoping everything stays happy and healthy!

Glad to hear we have a nice group this year!

I plan on bringing a bicycle, so I can ride into town to check things out without breaking camp or having to deal with finding parking (last year was sure a trick) anyone else is welcome to join!

9. NH-popper

NH-popper Boldly going camping!

I've updated the attendees. Sorry you can't make it Steve, hopefully we'll catch up with you at a rally next year. Todd & Emily, glad you could join us! :)

Just called the campground and confirmed there are no glitches with the reservations. I'll be there late Thursday afternoon, and DW and DS will join me Friday afternoon (hopefully among the spots we'll have a place to stash our subcompact they'll be coming in). I'll be chilling at the campground Friday awaiting your arrivals. Now if I only had time to do a costume up...

[CF] [CF] Is anyone bringing a firepit? We need one to have a campfire there. [CF] [CF]

We have 11 sites of tables so I'm sure us manly men - the one or two of us in the group, we know who we are :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: - can arrange tables for the potluck.

As far as being cold at night goes, the notoriously dicey long range forecast calls for nightly lows in the high 40's to low 50's - brisk, but not as bad as the temps last year at the end of the month. I'm not getting into whether it may rain or not lest I jinx or un-jinx us! [:D]

I've been so busy with life that I've barely had time to consider this trip but now that it's closing in, I'm starting to look forward to it. :)

10. nhcaveman

nhcaveman Barrington, NH

I will!

Thanks Ben, used a lot of vacation days for Big Meadows so our trips have been fewer this year.

11. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn New Member

A firepit is what we have in our back yard, where we have bonfires. Will you please tell me what we will have to bring to have a fire at our campsite? Will we be able to buy local wood or do we have to arrange something in advance with one of you that lives closer? Sorry to be ignorant... [?:~{]

12. obnoxiousblue

obnoxiousblue New Member

Grn Mtn, I think you're confusing our fire pit, and what we need. The CG doesn't allow ground fires, so we need a fire pit to keep our fires elevated from the ground. Think "big wok with legs"

I've started jotting down my "do not forget" items for the trip! Looking forward to a few days away from work!

13. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn New Member

Is there a local wood source?

14. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

15. fmbhappycamper

fmbhappycamper PuP Power

yes, I saw Steve's, it is awesome [8D]

16. obnoxiousblue

obnoxiousblue New Member

Don't recall actually. There is a camp store, though it was rather barren last year.

I don't want to spark the "don't transport wood" debate but we should find out what we need to do to be prepared when we arrive.

Does ano e remember the electrical configuration at the sites? I vaguely remember requiring an adapter last year when I went to hook up, but don't recall which. I'd like to go out and buy an adapter before needing it. (Last year, I had to borrow one from the camp office, though I don't think they really "lend them out" and I don't want to rely on them having one...

17. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn New Member

We have a woodstove and buy good clean hardwood for it, which is what we usually bring camping. We plan to follow the rules regarding transporting firewood so we won't bring stove wood this trip. Thanks for the heads-up on the fire pit - I'll check around for an inexpensive one today.

What are other folks doing for wood?

18. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn New Member

Groupon has a deal right now - two tickets to the Salem night tour for $13 - less than half price.

Also, are the kids trick-or-treating our campsites? We want to be sure to bring candy if they are [:D]

19. obnoxiousblue

obnoxiousblue New Member

There's a bunch of tours in Salem, do you know which one this is for? Also, which night?

I don't know if there will be many kids there, I don't think we had any last year (?)

20. benfrench

benfrench Woodbridge, VA

I will bring some firewood. I don't live very far away so contamination isn't really an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.