comments on a Coleman (Fleetwood) Pioneer Avalon Pop-up Camper 1994

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by 1nchrist, Jul 27, 2015.

1. 1nchrist

1nchrist New Member

I am thinking of buying a Coleman (Fleetwood) Pioneer Avalon Pop-up Camper 1994 -- new canvas, tires --- any thoughts on if this is a good camper? They want $1600 My concerns are buying parts- I had a 1973 coleman, great camper, but needed ongoing repairs. Thanks, Dave

2. mdigby

mdigby New Member

This is impossible to answer without seeing the camper. It is a 1994, so it's 19 years old. The manufacturer is out of business, so parts may be difficult to find.

But even a camper from a current manufacturer is likely to have hard to find parts for a 20 year old model.

The main systems, (furnace, hot water, canvas, axle, brakes) are likely to be supported by 3rd party vendors anyway.

Look the camper over carefully. Try out all of the plugs, furnace, hot water heater, water pump, shower, sink toilet, open the camper and set it up, or close the camper if it already up when you arrive. See if it all works.

Then decide is it a camper I'd like to have, or can I buy a better camper for $1600.

We own and use a 1992 Coleman arcadia (Pioneer). It is not flawless, but it is good for us. We paid about $2000 when we bought it 5 years ago.

3. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Parts should still be available, check it out really good, make sure everything works, also check for water damage and make sure it has a clear title. Then if you like it and are satisfied buy it..Happy camping