Concern about the pop outs on hybrid

Hollyhoff

May 13, 2009
I was wondering.. does the pop out on the Hybrid have a support under it?? How does it work so that it doesn't warp? I looked at the Aerolite cub 21 TT today and I loved it... probably going to get it! Just wondered about the support system though????

busdriverwc75

Chester County, PA
Jun 30, 2007
East Fallowfield, PA
Some earlier models used support poles under the bunks. Now, I'm not sure, but I think most of them use the cable system. There is a cable that is attached to the trailer body & also each side of the bunk door. When you lower the door, the bunk hangs from the cable.
As for why it doesn't warp or sag, I never really gave it much thought. I guess the front door/bunk platform is made of something pretty strong.

armyguy

US [USA]
Dec 6, 2004
Asheville NC
The cable support system is rated up to 1000 lbs and is warrantied by the manufacturer as long as you are not 1001 lbs and having a pillow fight. [:D]

Jeremy

Jul 12, 2005
Chicago NW Suburbs
All the newer HTT's have the interior cable supports that are bolted to the side of the trailer and the bunk ends. The 'older' HTT's (mine's a 2002) and I have the exterior poles just like a pop up has for my bed end supports. I almost prefer the poles instead of the cables.

here's my reason's:
1. don't have to worry about the cables chaffing the canvas (or me) and wearing a hole
2. When folding up the ends, the cables seem to get in the way of folding the canvas
3. I just feel a little more 'safer' knowing there's support under me rather than hanging off the side.

Don't get me wrong, when it comes time to replace my current HTT with a new HTT, I'll learn to live with the cables, but for now, I like the poles cuz they're simple and they work.

Big Dawg

Jul 25, 2007
Ours is a 2002 model, and we have the poles for underneath. I agree, I would rather have the poles than the cables, feel a little more sturdy.

shepwv

Aug 19, 2008
Jeremy said:
All the newer HTT's have the interior cable supports that are bolted to the side of the trailer and the bunk ends. The 'older' HTT's (mine's a 2002) and I have the exterior poles just like a pop up has for my bed end supports. I almost prefer the poles instead of the cables.

here's my reason's:
1. don't have to worry about the cables chaffing the canvas (or me) and wearing a hole
2. When folding up the ends, the cables seem to get in the way of folding the canvas
3. I just feel a little more 'safer' knowing there's support under me rather than hanging off the side.

Don't get me wrong, when it comes time to replace my current HTT with a new HTT, I'll learn to live with the cables, but for now, I like the poles cuz they're simple and they work.

The HTT's don't have "canvas" it's vinyl, and the cables on our new jayco 17Z are on the inside of the 'tents' they dont get in the way of folding. The beds are queen size and i'm 6'2" and I dont even know that they are there. Also they have a 1100 lb weight rating and are covered in viny.

cksteele

now where did i put that hot dog
Sep 3, 2008
bristol ct usa
I have a 2008 palimino htt that has the cables instead of the poles. Never had a problem with them getting in the way when i fold it up. I am also glad it has the cables instead of poles when i am setting up by myself. No poles to fumble with when holding that heavy door...